Chapter 9 part 1: The Broken Forest

Enjoy.  Vote to Support!

***The Time Before***

Celeste… Celeste… Celeste—that ship name was all that went through her mind during the next few days.  Jessie sat cross-legged on the bed in a yellow poke-a-dot dress one of her guards had brought from home as she pondered.  The dress belonged to his daughter when she was younger.  It fit her perfectly, white straps went over her shoulders and the wavy white ends stopped just at her knees.  She looked innocent enough as her mind dealt in very dark and dangerous motives.  The only things in the room keeping the thought of who she really was in mind were the red stains on the floor and wall from the recent murders, and the six-foot five three-hundred pound bodybuilder standing very still and stiff at the doorway, looking towards the bed but at nothing in particular.

She wasn’t sure why, but for some reason that ship was important to her.  Jessie had to get to it, even if she didn’t know how.  But something more interesting had to be discovered first—if Sean was able to show her what was happening millions of miles, or even light-years away, what else could she see.  What else could she do if she drank too much? 

There was a slight fear with her visions holding her back though; there were always things she didn’t want to see.  Before her reincarnation she met with a figure calling himself the Devil several times during these visions.  He threatened her, gave her life, but at the same time could have taken it away just as fast.  He terrified her still and though his contract with her ended upon her death six months ago, she feared he would once again try to broker an unrefusable deal and force her under his wing once more.

She felt that vision she had could lead to more visions, but just as easily could lead her right back to him.  Was it worth the risk? Or should she keep Celeste 1 in the back of her head and plan to never go back.

At this moment she’s been back for over a week, but has not done much outside of the inner circle she created with Sean, the bar, and the gang she’s since indoctrinated into her complete control.  Now, however, it was finally time to set things into motion.  She had to make her reveal big, huge in fact—she wanted everyone to know she’s back and to fear her—but she had to do it in a way that allowed the entire world to see she’s back while preventing the government from snuffing her out.  Sure she had several hundred hardened men brainwashed to follow her every command but if the Redeme forces discovered her existence now she’d be tracked down and killed before anything could happen.

There were several things that needed to occur—movements to secure her reign before the World Order even knew she was back.   First, she had to find and take control of their secret projects: spaceships which were rumored.  Second, she needed to find a way into the government, find someone to use to gain access to all facets at the top tier of the Redeme structure—and this someone couldn’t be someone in the spotlight.  It had to be more subtle than that.  Third, intel claims the Directors grip on the world was not solid, there were several other forces out there biding to take control.  She could use one of these external forces to worm her way into complete control before wiping all resistance out. 

So the plan was basically to take over the World Order and show herself as Earth’s supreme ruler when it was already too late to do anything otherwise.  But now, other than a couple hundred intimidating brutes her chain of influence was next to nothing.  And without Thomas to spread the good word it seemed impossible to build up her network. 

Where should she start?  She had no idea where Redeme was building its spaceships, and without a network of satellites that would be impossible to find.  Slipping her way into the government would be a slow grind—she already had an idea, a way to be seen without being seen, to make herself appear like a haunting rather than an actual person.  Ghosts are never taken seriously.  Then what about the resistances?  She had a few hunches of who they may be, but finding them would be a difficulty almost as hard as finding the spaceship sites.