Chapter 5

"Captain...." I hear a soft voice say. My eyes widen as I get closer. "Ka...Kat?" I stutter towards her smiling figure. "Good morning guys." Her chest rises and falls slowly as she smiles at us. "Are your sure you're okay?" Hange asks, holding me back. "Yes, but if you deem it necessary to hold an exorcism then so be it." She looks back to Captains hunched over body next to her bed. "I'm alright Captain. Don't worry." She says happily. "We'll have to perform an exorcism. I hope you don't mind." Hange says sadly and Katia just shakes her head. "I would actually like it to be done just to make sure I'm no longer a threat to you guys." Captain was still kneeling next to her bed, her hands in his, crying. "Maybe you two should come back later." She says, gently placing her hand on top of Captain head. Hange and I nod, say goodbye to both Captain and Kat, then leave the room. "Let's go get this exorcism planned." I nod and follow Hagne out the door.

Katia's POV

"Captain, I...." I say rubbing his hand gently. "Don't call me that...." He says quietly, cutting me off. "Okay, what should I call you?" I ask while I sit up on the bed. "Levi.... call me Levi..." He says as he looks me in the eye. "Okay." I pat on the bed and invite him to sit next to my legs, which he does. "Levi, I'm sorry for causing you so much pain." I place my hand on his shoulder and he mumbles something incoherent. "Sorry, what did you say? I couldn't hear you." I bend my head down to meet his hung head. "I said, can I kiss you?" I blush profusely at his question and struggle to find an answer. "I....I don't not want to, but that thing that controls me could be back any second now so...." "That's why I want to do it now, before I miss my chance." He cuts me off, still avoiding my eyes.

I let out a small giggle. "Fine, I'll let you take my first kiss, you seem reliable enough, but don't complain if it's no good." He looks up at me quickly in surprise and I finally get to see the crimson blush that dusted his cheeks. "Well? Don't make me change my mind." I joke as I place my hands on his cheeks. "Don't worry about it... If it's your first kiss I'm sure you'd want someone other than me." He stands up to leave. No.... I gotta stop him! I grab his wrist and pull him back towards me. He stumbles forward and ends up sitting on the bed next to me. "Katia wha...." I rest my forehead on his chest. "Please don't give up on me so easily. I really want it to be with you." I whisper with tears forming at the corners of my eyes. I hear a sigh and then feel a warmth on the back of my head.

"Tch, troublesome brat.... if thats what you want." He pushes me back a little and wipes my tears. He grabs my chin gently and moves closer. "You sure?" He asks once more, more confident then before. I smile and nod, scotting closer. A set of loud bangs were heard before we could kiss. "Tch." Levi stands up and walks out the door. "What?" He asks to the person outside the door, sounding slightly annoyed. "Don't speak to me in that tone of voice, I just came to see how Katia was doing." I hear a males voice say. Is that...Erwin? "Well you can't. Come back later." Levi say trying to close the door but the Commanders strength was too great. "Why? I wanted to see her now, while I had some free time." Levi clenches his fist and flings the door open. "Hurry up." He spits as Erwin walks calmly into the room.

"How are you doing Katia?" He asks squating down to meet my eyes. I shrug. "Alright I guess, but Levi is looking after me right now, so maybe you should come back another time." I can't tell him what we were middle of. "Are you hungry? Thirsty?" He asks, compleatly ignoring my remark. "Yes, but Levi was getting around to it." I say calmly. "Alright, I come back in a few days during my next break." He kisses my forehead which infuriated the other male in the room. "Get better soon." He says, smirking as he walked out the door and Levi slammed it behind him.

"What the fuck was that?!" He yells as he storms towards me. "I....I don't know..." I stutter, shock still covering my face. "Well it was obviously something! You didn't seem to hesitate!" He yells accusations at me for what seemed like hours. "STOP IT!!!" I finally yell back at him as tears stream down my face. He jumps back a little before coming back to his senses. "Katia. I....I'm sorry." He says as he walks closer and wraps his arms around me gently. "I don't want to argue..... not with you......" I choke out between sobs. "It's okay, I'll stop. Calm down." He strokes the back of my head. "You alright now?" He asks as he rests his chin on the top of my head. "Yes.... thank you."