Chapter 4

Levi's POV [didn't expect that, huh? XD]

I lay the duvet over the matress on the ground and place the pillows down at the head. "There, done. Come on Katia." I turn around to get Katia only to see she was sound asleep on my bed. "Tch, cheeky brat." I sigh as I sit on the edge of the bed, rubbing her upper arm softly. "Sound asleep, huh? Must have had a tough time before we got to her." Hange says from behind me. I turn around to Hange and raise my eybrow at her. "Why the fuck are you here shitty glasses?" I ask, walking over to my desk with Hange. "I've come to collect the papers." She says sliding the pad of her fingers against the spines of the books on my bookcase. "Get your filthy hands off my stuff shitty four-eyes." She pulls her hand away and walks over to me "Fine."

"Just thought I'd check on you two while I was passing through." I push the papers into Hange's arms and walk back to the bed. "Yeah, well we're fine, so you can leave." I feel something on my shoulder and turn around to see a symapathetic look on Hange's face. "When she wakes up, she might remember what happened, you know that right?" I sigh and look back to the peacefully bliss sleeping expresion of Katia. "I know, but she'll be okay. I'll make sure of it. I'm not gonna let the same thing that happened to me happen to her." I admit. Shit, why am I being so nice towards Katia? I just met her a few hours ago. This isn't like me! "What happened to you?" Hange asks while pulling a chair up.

"I used to live in The Underground District. I know the kinds of things happen down there and I know what can happen if you don't agree to do something for someone. Rape, murder, theft of everything you have, anything you can think of happens down there. I'm not gonna let her try and kill herself like I did....." Why am I suddenly telling Hange all this? "Levi....." She says softly before placing her hand on my knee gently. "You'll protect her with all you have, I know it." She stands up and gathers her papers up. "I'll leave you two be. If she says anything interesting or starts becoming hysterical, call me." She opens the door and just before she closes I decide to say something I've never said. "Hange..." I say quickly and she turns around to face me through the door crack. "Thank you." I say quietly, making her smile. "No problem." And with that she closes the door.

I let out a sigh and run my hand through my hair. I hear a quiet moan and a grumble come from behind me, on the bed where Katia lay. I watch her carefully as her eyebrows furrowed and her muscles twitched and began to spasm. "Katia?" I say suspiciously, shaking her gently in an attempt to wake her. All I gained was more groans and moans. Hange has to be near by still! She has to know what to do! I run out to the doorway. "Hange!" She turns around at the end of the hallway, waving her hand in the air. "It's Katia. Somethings not right!" I say as her face goes from happy to worried in 0.5 seconds. I start running back into the room. Hange follows shortly after. "What's wrong with her?" She asks kneeling next to the bed. "I don't know, that's why I called you!" I bark at her. "Alright, uh... go to the infirmary and get a first aid kit and a moist towelette." I nod and start my way to the infirmary.

Hange's POV

"Katia! Katia!" I shook her roughly but it only caused her muscles to spasm more. C'mon Katia! I know you can wake up! Katia's eyebrows slowly unfurrowed but her muscles didn't change. "Katia! Katia come on!" I was shaking her more now and eventually it paid off. She sat up unnaturally quickly and started screaming loudly and flailing her limbs around not long after. (A/N Like in the beginning of the movie 'An American Haunting') "Katia, Katia!" I tried to restrain her as much as I could. "GET OFF OF ME!! LET ME GO!!!" She screamed as she flung me off and across the room. I can't do anything while she's in this state! She's gonna wake up the entire Survey Corps if this keeps up. "Hange! What the hell is going on?!" I hear Levi say as he enters the room and stop dead in his tracks. He hands me the moist towelette and first aid kit.