And We'll Live Happily Whatever After[2]

2

Alessio explained everything to me.

He was my real fiancé. We were engaged since I was a baby. His family had to move to God knows where that's why I didn't grow up knowing him.

I couldn't believe it. Since I was a baby? That's...unfair! I swear I'm going to get Grandpa for this.

"Sophia? Sophia?" Alessio's voice cut through my thoughts.

I looked up. We were sitting in the cabin of his private jet. The room I slept in, I found out, was just one of the many room in here. I also found out that Alessio was mega rich. Richer than Grandpa.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

You. This. But I answered, "Nothing," instead.

He studied me and for a second it looked as if he wanted to pursue the topic but thought better of it. "Anyway, we must get married."

My jaw dropped. "What?!"

He smiled at me as if I was a little girl. "I said we must get married."

I stammered. "I heard what you said b-but...w-why?"

I think I saw him bite his inner cheeks to swallow back a chuckle. "I already explained that, didn't I? We are engaged. It is only expected of us to wed."

I unbuckled the seat belt and started pacing. "I don't think so," I said. He started to interrupt me but I held up a hand. "We were not exactly engaged, you know. I know you for what? A second! We-"

"Five hours," He corrected.

"Whatever! My point is I don't even know you!"

"But you know me, cara." He stopped me from pacing by encircling my wrist with a hand. "I am Alessio."

I laughed. Hysterically. "Yes, you are Alessio. That's the only thing I know about you."

"So let me introduce myself." He tugged me down the seat next to him. "I own this plane. I reside in Italy. My business has many bases. There's one in New York, in London, in Athens and in Rome. I have several houses in those cities too. I own this private island in-"

"That's not enough!" I hissed. "I need to know about you. You. Not about your business, wealth or properties."

Alessio continued without missing a beat. "I am twenty-nine. I graduated in a university in England. I know how to fly an aircraft and I enjoy scuba diving. By the way, I also own a yacht," When I glared, he smoothed a hand over my forehead. "I have three sisters. All of them are married and have kids. I think I have ninety nephews and nieces." I smiled. "And my parents look at each other as if they're still in high school where they met."

"That's sweet," I murmured.

He smiled back and nodded. "They've been married for thirty five years." Wow. "And, Sophia, I think we could make it for that long too. Maybe longer, cara."

--

And, Sophia, I think we could make it for that long too.

I could not get the words out of my head as we walk through the Italian airport. Who was this guy who want to marry me? Who was this guy who kidnapped me instead of just letting me marry some guy? He went through all the trouble to stop me from marrying Brayden. Who was he?

Women turned their heads as we pass by. I don't think it was because they were wondering why I was wearing a wedding dress but because of Alessio.

He was so perfectly handsome. Why would he insist to marry a girl like me? I have wild red hair, for Pete's sake! Who wants that? I honestly don't.

"Sophia," I felt Alessio's hand covering mine.

I tilted my head to look at him.

"There are a lot of paparazzi waiting for us outside. Just hold my hand, si?"

I nodded. I saw his bodyguards forming a circle around us.

"Don't let go," he said.

I nodded again even though I think his words have a deeper meaning. "I won't," I whispered.

He smiled at me. It was genuine compared to the hard one he put on his face for the camera. And with that smile, my heart simply melted and presented itself at his feet.