And We'll Live Happily Whatever After[3]

(Author's Note: Three days late, sorry. Anyway, comment and vote, loves.)

3

"Signorina, I am Amelia," I saw a plump woman around fifties enter the bedchamber Alessio gave me. He said that he would send his housekeeper to help get out of my dress and settle in. "Signor Alessio sent me."

I smiled at the older woman. "I know."

Amelia smiled back. "Shall I prepare a bath for you?" I nodded and she disappeared inside the en suite bathroom. I heard the water run and soon after that, she emerged with a terrycloth robe. I stepped out of the dress with her help and she lead me to the bathroom.

"How long have you been working for Alessio?" I asked.

Amelia nodded. "I was his nanny," She answered. "I took care of him since he was a baby and when he decided to move out of the family home, he got me as his housekeeper."

I heard the affection in the older woman's voice. Alessio must be a really good person. He-

"You must know that I would also take very good care of the babies you and Signor Alessio would make," Amelia continued.

I nearly slipped as I eased my body down the water. I opened my mouth but no sound came out. I tried again. Still nothing.

"Dio mio!" the older lady exclaimed. "I apologize, signorina. I assumed you and the signor are planning to get pregnant right away after the wedding. He loves children."

Oh my God indeed, Amelia. "No," I croaked out. "It's just that we haven't talked about children yet." That much is true. But Alessio loves kids? Oh, my. He'd surely want a baby right away as Amelia said, right? Oh, my.

Amelia left me after laying out some clothes I could wear. I stepped into them and dropped onto the bed. What should I do?

--

Alessio knocked on my door and fetch me for dinner. He was wearing a grey suit that looked so good on him I want to throw myself at him.

"Hungry?" he asked as we go down the stairs. His house was big and stylish. It was a surprise when I arrived here. I thought a guy like Alessio would be leaving in an apartment near or a townhouse but this was so far from what I thought. Paintings lined the walls and a lot of circa something furniture occupies the space.

I nodded to answer his question and almost jumped when he put a hand below my spine. His hand was warm and strong. I didn't know what to do so I walked along awkwardly with him.

He told me we were dining in the balcony and asked if it was alright. I said of course. But the meal wasn't ready yet so he gave me a brief tour first. When we went out, I gasped.

The table was set for two. Candles were scattered here and there, giving it a very romantic look. The stars were out tonight too, as if even that was arranged by Alessio.

The first course arrived as soon as we settled down. We chatted about random things. It was Alessio who asked most of the time and I answered. But then when I felt confident enough, I asked him questions too.

He was charming and witty. I enjoyed his company. Well, who wouldn't, right? Here was a man who gave me his one hundred percent attention for a night, making me feel so beautiful. If...

"Sophia, I do notice you always get lost in your thoughts," Alessio grinned at me and suddenly there were butterflies in my stomach.

I blushed. "I'm so sorry."

He chuckled. "No, don't be. I find it quite charming." He reached for my hand across the table and squeezed it.

I stared as his hand engulfed mine. Thrill shot up my arm. "Really?" I asked. "You do?"

Alessio nodded. "But you must be tired, cara. I should bring you to bed now." He rose and circled to pull my chair out for me too.

I started to panic. "To bed?"

He caught hold of my hand. "Mmmhmm."

"You'll bring me to bed." Are we going to make love? Did he expect sex for tonight? What should I do? Oh, my.

"Didn't I say that already?" He smiled and we walked up the stairs.

"But...but..." I stammered.

He looked at me. "Yes? Do you have any objections?"

"I...I..."

"Do you stammer always?" He asked as if he was only inquiring about the weather.

"No!" I bit my lip. "I can't...you know."

He looked bemused. "No, I don't. You can't what exactly?"

"Don't make me say it, please." I pleaded.

"Say what?"

We were outside my door already. God.

I took a deep breath. And shot off without looking at his eyes. "I can't have sex with you tonight! I only knew you for a day-actually less than a day-and I don't sleep around. Even if you're my fiancé-my real fiancé-I can't. I'm so sorry. Really, I am but I don't think it wouldn't be right if we make love tonight. But maybe, you know, uhm...after we're married...do you get me...?"

He caught my chin and forced me to meet his eyes. "I do get you. I did get you, cara." And then he kissed me. Not softly, but passionately.