1b. Arriving in the Jungle

Brad's POV

Today is the big day - we start new life in the Australian Jungle. I have been put into a team of five with James, Connor Tristan & Giovanna.

We're on the helicopter now; Giovanna in the front, me, James, Connor & Tris in the back. The helicopter's now flying over the jungle clearing. When we landed we made or way towards the clearing.

"Right it's parachutes."

 This hit me like a ton of bricks. I have a huge phobia of flying and heights. The minute I heard James say we were doing a parachute jump I buried my head in my hands. I really DON'T want to do the jump.

"James I'm scared," I told him. " I don't want to do the jump." He put a comforting arm on my shoulder. Tears welled up in my eyes and my breathing rate increased.

"Hey, it's alright you don't have to do it if you don't want to,"  I shook my head. "Don't be scared buddy. How about I stay with you on the ground yeah?" Brad nodded slowly. "That's fine by me." Connor Tris and Giovanna got on the skydive helicopter while James and I stayed together. We made our way on foot to camp.

After a tiring 20 minutes or so of walking through endless trees we finally arrived at Snake Rock; our camp.

we were the only ones that got to Snake Rock. Giovanna and the boys will join us soon hopefully. In the meantime James and I decided if we wanted a bed or a hammock.

James's POV

I wanted a hammock. I know Brad will want me to sit with him in case he's scared or if he needs me so I suggested that he should have a flat bed. I got a hammock and let Gionvanna and Tris have flats and Connor a hammock. Shortly after we fell asleep side by side on Brad's bed.