1c. First night in camp

Connor, Tris and Giovanna shortly arrived in camp. We woke up and greeted them before allocating them to each other's new beds. They unpacked and we settled in for our first ever evening in Snake Rock. This is very different to living back in the UK: we're 12 hours ahead, it's much warmer and we're currently living in the middle of nowhere, and on a rationed diet of rice and beans (ew!)

We got on with making our first meal yes, it was rice and beans. Later on we tried it; it was very dry in my mouth with no flavour at all. The trials start tomorrow so hopefully someone will bring back something that's even edible. I did NOT enjoy that at all. Rice and beans on our FIRST night in camp. Nice one(!). Even now I'm still starving. Today has been a long day so we went to bed.

Brad's POV

It's now midnight and I can't sleep. I sat up in my sleeping bag and sighed. I turned round to see that James Giovanna were asleep. I lay back down staring at the big, white moon. I remember that I brought goofy with me as a reminder of home. I gave him a cuddle and closed my eyes trying to get even a couple of hours of sleep. Unfortunately this didn't work. I only got like 45 minutes sleep and I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to talk to James but I didn't want to wake him up in case he has to do the trial tomorrow. I got out of my sleeping bag and made my way to James's bed. "James?" I whispered stroking his cheek. At first James didn't stir so I carried on shaking him until he woke up. "James?" He sat up rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "what the matter? what's up buddy?"

"I can't sleep," I sighed snuggling goofy. "Aw come here buddy," James pulled me into a hug. "I've got you. I won't let anything happen to my best friend." I sighed into his chest. "It's alright," James soothed. "do you want to stay with me tonight?" I nodded and he got out of his sleeping bag and we went back to my bed. We both got into my bed and James wrapped his arms around me. I still couldn't sleep so I held James's hand. James stroked my hand so I knew he was there. "it's alright youre safe with me okay?" I closed my eyes and I fell asleep in James's arms. James being there makes me so comfortable and happy.

Croc Creek

"What's this? Oh, it's our dinner!" Everybody cheers. "What do you think will be inside?

"Bacon sandwich." Max jokes. 

"Is that what you've rolled it out for."

"Who remembers what bacon tastes like?" Vicky adds. It was awesome to see your dinner arrive this way. I've watched previous years and seen others dinner arrive like this. Jay reads the note attached. "Celebrities, as a result of the red team winning the race, you have emu with moregal and torched ginger."

"Emu's like kangaroo." Siva adds. 

"I never knew people ate emu." Nathan seems unsure. "I couldn't eat it it's like eating Emu the TV character I used to like as a kid. I thought there might've been a cheese roll in there."

"Maybe if we get it open, we can see what kind of meat is." Jay suggests. 

"How's emu looking?" Max asks.

"Yeah, it looks like a good piece of strong meat." Nathan answers getting it underway on the fire. Shortly we're sat around the fire tucking in. "With no seasoning in there I'd say its delicious well-done team. It tastes just like lamb I love lamb." 

Max is in the bush telegraph. "Might get in touch with t' local butchers to see if they can get one for Christmas Day this year. Obviously not." It's been a long day we're in our hammocks. Nathan is swaddled in his luxury, his fleece blanket from home with his mum's perfume on.  

Ant & Dec POV

"Time to go into Croc Creek and announce who's facing Brad." Ant & Dec head into the camp. "morning everybody. The public have been voting for who they want to face today's bushtucker trial called Bug Burial. The celebrity with the most votes will face someone from Snake Rock. In no particular order, Vicky the public have decided... it's not you."

Dec: Nathan... it might be you.

Ant: Jay... it's not you.

Dec: Siva, its not you.

Ant: So that means Max... it might be you. Between Nathan and Max the public have decided that the person they want to face Bug burial is.... Max. Get ready Max and we'll see you later. 

That's it for tonight's show. We'll be back tomorrow with the trial.