Real Talk

After Rhys and Sasha biffed it into this hole, after we followed in behind and after Rhys had some weird panic attack, here we were, staring at a map.

"What the hell is that?" I ask, poking at the hologram.

"I don't know. But apparently those pieces were important." Fiona chuckles.

I go to stand next to Rhys when he suddenly looks at me, then into the air. He does this countless times before before shouting and running.

"Rhys! Where the hell are you going?!" I shout.

"Sorry... Give us.. A minute." I chuckle nervously to the team while tucking my hair behind my ears.

"Rhys?"

"Your echo eye. Now." Rhys pleads.

I had an echo eyes, just like Rhys. Jack claimed it would one day save me and I truly had no clue as to what he meant.

"Jack never explained it to me. YOU might be dumb enough to mess with yours but I am NOT going to touch mine."

Rhys lifts his arms up as if he's going to defend himself.

"This is impossible... You're dead!"

"Rhys you're acting CRAZY!" I yell.

Without warning, Rhys plugs our echo eyes together with some random chord he had in his pocket.

"Rhys!" My head suddenly hurts and everything goes white.

"Agh!" I clench my temples and tear the chord out of my head with as much strength I could muster.

The pain was so severe that I fell to my knees.

"Rhys, keep that shit away from me." I grunt as my vision came to.

When I looked up I notice Rhys backing away, hitting his head and falling over the railing.

After Rhys had his extra crazy freak out, the ride to our next destination was incredibly silent. No one wanted to talk about it. Me especially.

Suddenly, the caravan swerved violently, everything inside the vehicle shifting.

"What the hell was that?" Fiona asks as she drives and I peer out the door.

"God dammit... Skags." I groan, rolling my eyes.

"Rhys?" I ask, hoping he was carrying any Hyperion weapon other than that baton.

He didn't respond, so I thought of another method. I walk over to him and smack my hands into his knees, gripping at his knee caps just like Jack did to me.

"RHYS!" Suddenly he pounced and and shielded his face.

"Don't kill me, Jack!" I let go of him immediately and raise a brow.

"You've really lost it." I sigh quietly and look over to Vaughn.

"Did Yvette give us anymore weapon-" suddenly the caravan is being dragged to the ground and I look outside again.

"But no idea what the hell that is!" I scream and race for Sasha, but the door to the roof was torn off.

"Shit!"

Then came the back of the caravan.

Rhys finally snapped to it and when he realized what was happening he ran to me and gripped onto my shirt.

"I can't let you die!" He grunts, holding on tightly.

With Fiona's speed and the gusts of wind pushing us around like a pinball machine, it was no use.

I tried my best while Sasha held me stable to shoot off the monsters with a crappy Dahl machine gun I found resting on the couch.

Rhys tried his best to stay attached but he soon flew out of the caravan, taking Vaughn with him by his ankle.

"Rhys! No!" I scream as the last of the skags diminish from my bullets.

"No." I whisper.

Fiona stops the caravan roughly and runs up to us girls, looking back into the desert in loss. She knew I was hurt. She knew I didn't want to lose Rhys. For some reason they could tell I liked him, maybe I was being obvious. They felt bad for me.

"Look, you and Rhys communicate with your echo, we'll find them later, right now we need repairs. They'll be alright. You know it." Fiona says, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"You're right." I smile, smacking my lips.

"Where to?"

"Scooters." Sasha interrupts.

"Scooter? As in... Moxxi's Scooter?"

"Yupp."

"I hope he doesn't recognize me..." I say, going to the couch to sit and reload this gun.

"About that... What happened with you and Jack?"

"What? After Rhys kidnapped me and brought me to Jack who was using me against my will to kill my friends? You know, the usual." I say sarcastically.

"No. Really. It's a long while to Scooters and I want to know." Fiona says, sitting beside me as Sasha takes the wheel.

"I wouldn't mind hearing it."

It was the first time Jack touched me, at least that I know of. It was the first time I felt him touch me, I should say. He was loosening up my restraints, about to let me out. When I finally felt freedom I felt my feet move against the cold marble floor almost immediately. I ran as fast as I could but Jack lifted out his arm and caught me by my stomach. It knocked the wind out of me and I struggled for a minute to breathe.

"Shit." I heave.

"Nice try cupcake. One more move like that and my big ol hand meets your dainty little cheek."

"You know you could just call it slapping."

"I like hearing myself talk." Jack chuckles.

He sets me down and touches my lavender colored hair.

"You're much of a better sight than Athena. Plus I get this weird lesbian vibe off of-"

I smack his hand away and clench my jaw.

"Feisty." Jack growls and picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Let me go! Get the hell away from me!" I shout, pounding onto his back.

"How... How am I not instantaneously crushing you?" I ask in amazement.

"Oh. Yeah. Those meds. They counteract your... Little powers. Or whatever you call them."

"What?" I ask, my body freezing.

Jack sets me down onto a bed, my body feeling weaker. I watch as he walks to the door of the bedroom, about to shut it on me.

"No. Jack, wait! Tell me what's happen-"

"Goodnight, sweetheart."