President Rhys

I start to slowly back away from Jack but of course, he comes closer.

"You bet I saw you flirt with my friend over there." Jack says lowly, glancing at Rhys.

"Friend? Jack, you don't have friends." I growl.

"I also heard all about you, ya know, still loving me, owing me, reliving memories of fucking me. I gotta say, I miss you too." Jack is right in front of me, no where else for me to go, my back to the window.

Jack grips my throat and lifts me up, I was struggling to breathe. I feel my shoulders glide across the glass as I'm risen, Jack pushing me further into the window. I hear it begin to crack and so finally, with little hope, I kick Jack in the stomach. Luckily, he's shot back, falling to the ground.

"You.. Little.. This is so stupid! I can touch you but not Rhys?!" Jack stared at his hands, frustrated, before flying, literally FLYING toward me.

He picks me up and throws me into his Atlas trophy case.

"He-hey! Don't.. Hurt... Her." I hear Rhys choke up.

Jack walks up to me and leans down. I'm pretty sure I broke a couple ribs.

"Look, I've gotta have a little chat with Rhysie. So... Stay right there? Alright pumpkin? I mean.. It's not like you can actually move. God you've gotten weak." He laughs, walking back up to his desk.

I started to struggle to get up, gripping onto the shelf behind me to stand on my legs. As soon as I'm up, I feel a rib digging into my abdomen.

"Fuck." I cry out, trying to put it back into a comfortable position.

"No! I earned this..." I hear Rhys object.

"You got it, kiddo..."

Jack was gone, where the hell did he go?

I look around the office and see the monitors, all of them covered with Jacks Handsome face.

"Rhys.." God my stomach fucking hurt.

I limp over to him and my breathing is patchy.

"Rhys.. What.. Happened?" My voice was barely audible.

"What happened?! Well, this happened!" Jack then hacks his AI into the intercom, the AI taking over almost all of the Hyperion space station.

"Hello, ladies and gentleman! I'd like to introduce you all to Hyperions new president! Rhyyyyys! I know you're all thinking, Jack, aren't you dead?! Well thanks to my buddy Rhys, here I am! All the betrayal to his friends just to get here, with me. For our first president duty, company pizza for everyone! How does that sound? Pretty good, right?"

"Seriously? Pizza?" I face palm.

Suddenly, Jack is no longer on the intercom, and, a hot and ready pizza fell onto the desk.

"That smells... SO GOOD!" Rhys drools.

"And you deserved it. So... About this whole, AI thing, here I was, trying to find a worthy successor and that, that's you Rhysie! I mean, you did everything to get here! Lying to your friends, killing some guys! You're just like me. But, Nakiyama also had this exoskeleton made to be put into my old body, that this bitch dumbly froze to preserve which is.. Pretty much perfect. And we can make a ton of these, my AI is infinite, we could make an army of Jacks, Rhys!"

"That actually is pretty damn cool." Rhys growls with a mouth full of pizza.

I couldn't believe Rhys, after all I've told him, after all Jack has done to his friends, he's actually being... His friend. Rhys's heart was much too big.

"And! Since you know, we don't want to ruin my body... Just in case.. Well... I'm going to use you as my first test subject! Whataya say?" Jack asks, grinning and playing some freaking techno music.

Could he be anymore random?

"Wait.. Put that thing.. Inside of.. My.. Body?" Rhys swallows his pizza hard and finally, I make it between Jack and Rhys.

"No Jack, the answer is HELL FUCKING NO!" I scream, hunching over at the pain.

"Out of all the times I've tossed you around and this is the time you break something. I mean honestly! How convenient is that for me?" He laughs, smiling at me with a smug grin.

"Anyways, let the man speak for himself." Jack says, looking over me to Rhys.

"No." Rhys says quietly.

"A little louder?!" I shout to him.

"Hell no, Jack. Come on, I've got the beacon." Rhys says, standing up and grabbing my hand.

"You owe me, Holli." Jack says under his breath.

I turn around and glare at him.

"I had a vow to myself, that I needed to repay you. Until I retold the whole damn story we shared. Then I realized I owed myself, I'm getting that damn vault, and I'm getting it with my god damn friends. And not one of them is you. Sure, I love you, but I love myself more."

"Wow... That's incredibly.. Selfish." Jack says, taken a back.

"Oh, bullshit!" I shout and suddenly I hear Rhys heave.

He was trying to get back down the trapped door but, Jack had slammed the door in on him, crushing him.

"Look at you two idiots! Thinking it would be sooooo easy to turn your backs on me!" I hear Rhys's ribs crushing, Jack was actually trying to cut the guy in half.

I run up to him quickly and pull the door away, watching Rhys and the beacon fall.

"Holli! What about you?!" Rhys screams up to me.

I struggle to keep the door open and knew if I got stuck in it that I'd lose another few ribs.

"I'll be okay Rhys. It's just Jack." I chuckle reassuringly and let go, the door slamming shut.

"Oh... You little... BITCH!" Jack screams, removing himself from the screen in his office.

Over the intercom I can hear,

"So you all know the new president, Rhys? Well, whoever finds him gets to take his place. Because I'm gonna freaking kill him! Hey you! Do you know where Rhys is? No?" Then there's a gun shot... And a whole lot of screaming.

I need to get out of the office.. And fast.

Rhys was going to die.