We'll Make it Out Alive

"Are you comfortable sharing the rest?" Rhys asked, my best interest in mind.

He comes up to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

I could tell that a lot of things were going through his head. Specifically, he was worried about Vaughn.

"We've got a long ride back... I don't mind." I smile. 

"Anything to take my mind off of Athena..." Fiona sighs.

"So.. I think we left off at... You being upset with.. Jack." Sasha says, being careful not to touch the Angel subject.

I let go of Angels body and get up, looking around me and seeing no bodies. Where was Lilith? Where was Maya? Jack suddenly bursts in and stares at me and Angel, clenching his jaw tightly.

"No.." He says under his breath, clenching his fists together.

He walks slowly toward us and I can see his eyes tearing up. I felt awkward and almost like a stranger to the man in front of me. It was almost like he wasn't showing any true color until now.

"Get. Out." He growls at me but I'm frozen, unable to move.

"I told you to GET OUT!" He shouts at me, picking me up by my arms and throwing me toward the door.

I land on my stomach, my ribs already bruising. The wind had been knocked out of me and I was struggling to breathe.

But, after a few minutes, I crawl up onto my hands and knees, they to my feet, and limp out of the door. All I could hear was Jack mumbling to Angel, begging her to come back.

By the time I get back up to the office, I feel an interference crawl into my echo.

"Hey... Hello?! Holli?" It was ten.

I can barely focus, gears crawling down my ace due to the pain and... Well.. Emotional pain.

"Oh I don't.. Do well.. With crying.. People." She grunts.

I wipe a few more tears and ask her bluntly,

"What do you want?"

"The girls are ready for the mission. They want you down at the shuttles in an hour. Then, we infiltrate Lynchwood."

"Alright." I say, hanging up.

I wasn't in any mood for a mission. Really, I wasn't in the mood for any of this anymore.

"I'm sorry." I hear Jack mumble.

"For throwing me, or for not telling me what you were doing to Angel?" I grunt, still sitting on the stairs near his desk.

"I... Both?" Jack sits beside me and puts his face in his hands.

"You make me weak and I feel like if I weren't sleeping I could've done something and that thought made me angry and it made me feel like this was your fault. But it wasn't. It was.. Mine. I thought I was keeping her safe. God I sound like a friggin record player."

I remove Jacks hands from his face and hold them in mine. I did love him after all and really, as much as he played up this mass murdering, psychopathic, cunning guy, deep down he was just... Jack. A family man with a nice job and big plans for himself.

"It's alright." I smile, kissing his fingers.

"I have to go to Pandora.. With the crew... I'm sure I'll see you down there in a few days but, they're ready to go, I have an hour." I tell him.

Jack wriggles his eyebrows and grabs the small of my back.

"An hour is just enough time."

After Angels death? We both could use a little fun. If you know what I mean.