See ya Later, Kiddo

I woke up, my body writhing in pain. I held my head and growled. The bastard saved me. I look around and see the once large Jack statue holding me in its shattered hands.

I grunt, getting up and laying almost perfectly in front of me is a screen, Jacks signal in and out as he speaks to me. I tried hard to ignore him.

"Why?" I ask him through tears.

He shakes his head and shrugs, laughing a little.

"I missed it."

"More than me..." I say, a lump rising in my throat.

I had given everything to mourn this guy, and given the situation, he wouldn't have done the same for me.

"Yeah. I guess so." Jacks voice was hoarse.

I limp over to the screen and lay my body onto it, and out of the corner of my eye, I see Jacks lips curl with a smile.

I took in a deep breath and just touched what was the only remnants of Jack. My palms grew warm from the light illuminating my once glorious lover.

"I'm an idiot." He gathers, closing his eyes as he takes me in too.

We stayed in silence and I felt a tickle in my throat, coughing at the feeling. I notice splatters of blood land on Jacks shirt. Well, the part of the monitor that his shirt was portrayed.

"Shit." I whisper, shaking.

"Hey... You little bitch. You ruined my shirt." Jack smiled, in the lightest tone possible.

"You lost everything Jack. All for one shot at something you already had once. I just want to know one thing..." I trail, turning around so that my back was against him.

"Yes?"

"Was it worth it?"

"Honestly. No. I had it all back though, Holli. I did. I had it all back. And it was everything I had when I had you. I blurred the lines of that. I thought my power was the reason I had you. Funny thing was, you chose Rhys. I didn't have you at all. I had it all back, except for you." Jack shakes his head, grinning.

"Jack, Rhys and I are just frien-"

"I don't care anymore, Holli. I won't lie, seeing you look at Rhys like you once looked at me it-it hurt. But, I had to see it coming. And you guys kissed before you blasted him off. You're really gonna try to lie? To me.. Or yourself?" Jack sighs and just waits for my answer.

I didn't have feelings for Rhys in that same way... Did I? He was so kind to me, so sweet and in an odd way, a lot like Jack, but only the good parts of Jack. He was a lot of what I wanted. Want. I turn to look at Jack finally and I slap my hands to my thighs.

"Both. I'm not ready to move on from you. I can't let go. I want to, but I can't. You've made it damn near impossible. No matter how much damage you create along the way."

"I mean, I'll always love you... But Rhys. He's a good guy. He's better than me. Hell, even a better killer. I mean, he had to for his friends but he stepped up to the plate. Rhys would be good to you."

I feel my smile grow and Jack tisks.

"Alright. Don't get all giddy about it. Still sucks for me, ya know."