Her Death

After a long day of training, and a talk of plans to kill Nisha, I crawled back to Jacks office and face planted onto the bed.

"Hello cupcake." I hear Jack chuckle as he comes up behind me, starting to rub my back.

I moan at the touch, my muscles sore.

"Good evening, Handsome." I smile.

I turn around to him and I cup his cold face. I stare at him for a moment and he raises a brow.

"Hi?" He chokes.

"How close are you and Nisha... Still?"

"Is this a... Another jealousy thing? You're killin me, Hol!"

"No... I just... Some people want her dead and I just want to know how you'd feel about that."

Jack shrugs.

"I could care less. I mean, sure, there will always be a soft spot for her but, death comes so easily in a universe like this. Especially on Pandora. It's bound to happen."

That didn't sound like a response of someone who hated her. The girls were hiding something from me.

"Now come here." Jack smiles, pulling me on top of him. I scream loudly and laugh uncontrollably until my voice is muffled by his lips.

----------------------------------------------------

After a long night of sex and very little sleep, I roll over, a naked Jack still beside me. I was so incredibly surprised that he was still in bed... And sleeping in...

I rest my head on his chest and just take in the moment. I didn't get these very often. Or at all.

I look down at my engagement ring, my palm placed on his stomach. It sparkles so brightly that it splashed light onto the walls.

"Kara.. Angel.. No.. No!" Jack mutters, then shouts, jolting awake as I fly off of the bed, my naked ass hitting the floor.

"Ouch." I grumble, rubbing my cheek.

I look up and see Jack peering over the edge of the bed.

"Sorry." He says, clenching his jaw.

Jack lifts me back up onto the bed and holds me tightly, his hand pressed into my hair. I could feel his breath, exhaling in haste. He seemed to be hyperventilating.

"I love you, Holli."

Well good morning to you, too.

"I love you, Jack." I say in a sigh.

Jack made me feel incredible.

Suddenly, a ton of sirens began to go off in Jacks office.

"Angel breech." A woman's voice announced.

"What?!" Jack shouts, pulling his pants on as quickly as possible, his shirt following closely behind.

"Looks like we've made it." I can hear from his computer.

"No! No! No! No! How did-"

"You jackass, Angel lead us."

"They're freeing me. Freeing everybody." Angel mumbles.

She sounded weak.

"Angel! Angel! Baby! Don't do this! I... I can-"

"Who would do this to their own daughter?"

I put my clothes on slowly and walk beside Jack.

"Holli. Get out. Now." Angel pleads me.

"Well, well, well. Still helping the asshole, huh?" Lilith. She was on Hyperion.

Angel was lying to Jack the whole time.

"Angel what are you doing?!" I look around the room she was in, she was trapped inside of a small orb, fueled with eridium. Something essential to Jacks plan. He was using her to store it.

"Jack..." I whisper, immediately running out of the office.

"Jack. I won't let her die. But if they see you they will kill you! Stay where you are!"

I run as quickly as possible, scanning everything in my path to find Angel, until I get a signal from Liliths echo.

"I'll tell you where we are. As long as you tell me where Jack is." I immediately tracked her call and began following.

"No need." I smirk to myself as I burst into Angels form of a cell.

I looked over to a blue haired girl, destroying all of the eridium. And eventually, aiming at Angels chamber.

I could see that Angel was growing we ask, the eridium was keeping her alive.

"Angel! Please!" I look above me, every monitor in the place crawling with Jacks face.

He looked concerned, and broken.

Lilith came up to me and grabbed my arms, trying to stop me, but I flew her across the room effortlessly, immediately knocking her out from the impact.

"Angel! Wait! Please! Jack needs you... I... I need you!"

"I've tried helping you. You were a hopeful get lost cause. Jack destroyed me long ago. This will not matter in the long run. Humanity depends on me. Maya." Angel acknowledges the woman and I try to run Maya across into the wall but by the time I've got her in my arms, the gun was fired, and Angel fell to the floor.

"Angel! You can stop this! I'll still forgive you, baby!" Jack pleads.

"Dad?"

Angel grunts.

"You're an asshole." Angel breathes before falling forward, dead.

Maya was unconscious, the wall behind her shattering.

I was angry, I was sad, I was terrified.

I rush to Angels body and pick her up, limp in my hands.

"No.." I whisper, feeling my chin quiver.

Jack was no longer on screen, and I was very confused by that.

"Angel..." I grunt, tears falling from my eyes onto her skin.

I push hair away from her face and hold her up to me, tightly squeezing her dead body. Her skin was getting cold.

"Angel." I kept repeating her name. I was in such disbelief. Jack did this to her.

He trapped her, used her, essentially killed her.

The first person I spoke to here, the first person to try and help me, a friend. She was dead and it was Jacks fault. Was his plan really that evil?

As I looked down at Angel, her eyes closed, I instantly felt angst against my fiancé. And it was angst that wouldn't fade, it's what lead me to letting him... Well.. Die.