one

"val, i don't know if i should go..." i cry out.

"its okay. don't worry. if you need anything, call me. i love you." she gives me a huge hug and i start crying.

"amy marie." my aunt calls out. i smile and walk toward her.

"im glad you're going to college. this is good for you." she gives me a big bear hug and i let out a sigh i didn't know i was holding in.

"flight 236 to boston is now boarding." i hear an intercom call.

i stop my crying and grab my carry on bag.

"i love you." i say to both of them.

"call me everyday!" val says. i nod and start walking away.

boston here i come...

*

the flight was very uncomfortable.

i sat to some old man who fell asleep and woke up a lot.

but finally, im here. Im boston.

i've always dreamed of coming to college here. its one of the best music colleges and it just drew me in.

i enter the double doors. its the first semester and the first day. im not really excited for classes, but it helps me with my singing.

"hello, um amelia jefferson. i tell the older girl who has a big stack of papers.

shes the one who gives you all your information.

"alright. room 534, and here are your class schedules." She hands me a single piece of paper and a key.

"thank you." i carry my bags all the way up to my room.

i realize that my roommate has already moved in. it seems to be a boy from the colors and the framed basketball jersey.

they can have boys and girls in the same dorm? oh.

i just hope he isn't to good looking or i'm going to be in some deep shit.

I set my bags inside my closet and then start making my bed. I put some posted up on my wall so it looks tumblr.

I then put my clothes on hangers in my closet.

I'm glad i've gotten suddled in.

I grab my wallet and my new car keys that jack had gotten for me for my birthday.

jack.

i feel like i should call him.

i grab my phone, hesitating to dial his number.

i do it anyways. I put it up to my ear, and almost immediately he answers.

"Amelia?" He pants.

"Uh... hi jack." I say. its nice to hear his voice again.

"How are you? How's Boston?" He asks. I honestly wish he was here with me.

"Its okay. I miss everybody. I just got here a few hours ago, and i guess i have a guy roommate." I chuckle a bit.

I can hear a sigh coming from him, "oh, well. i miss you." he says. should i tell him i miss him too?

yeah.

"i-i miss you too jack. a lot. thank you again, for this." i think back to my party. when he told me about the scout.

"of course. ill be the first one to buy your first song." i know hes smiling, cause its just something he would say and smile.

"i dont know about that. but, i dont know if i want to stay here. im already missing you guys..." i tell. i wonder if ill make it past the first month.

"if you dont want to stay you dont have to. it was a scholarship that got you in there. i just wanted to encourage you to go." he sounds sad and lonely, but im pretty sure i sound the same.

"I know. ill see where everything goes. i just dont know." I sit on my bed, thinking about the past.

"well, ill let you go. call me whenever. bye." he hangs up the call and i bring my knees up to my chest.

i just cant get the old picture of skylar and jack kissing at my own party.

after he told me everything, i told him i didnt want to see him or talk to him.

i thought about college, and realized that i got that scholarship on my own.

the only reason why i started sorta talking to jack again, is because hes the one that dod encourage me.

he was the one i was staying behind for. but im still not over him. i don't i ever will.

all of a sudden my thoughts were interrupted by someone walking through the door.

"hey. i'm tanner."