two

this boy with brown hair and blue eyes looks down at me.

"um, hi. im amelia." i stand up, walking over to him so we can shake hands.

i hold out my hand and he takes it.

"you are hot." he looks me up and down.

now i feel violated.

"uh, thanks? im guessing you're my roommate?" i question.

"yup." he says, pooping the 'p.'

"alright, well it was nice meeting you, i'm going to leave now." I grab my car keys and phone. but tanner stops me.

he takes me keys in his hand and looks at them in awe.

"you have a fucking lamborghini?" he seems a little to excited.

"uh yeah... my ex boyfriend got it for me before i came here... he knew i really wanted one." i say, not trying to say jacks name out loud.

"damn. yo, can i come with you?" he hands me back my keys.

"sure. why not?"

we walk downstairs until we reach the car parking lot, and he almost dies when he sees my car.

i just start laughing.

"omfg. and you got a black one!" He shouts.

i click the button to open the car. he opens the passenger door almost immediately.

i hop in the drivers side and start the car. all i can here is his rage of happiness.

i dont even know where anything is. guess i have to get a gps on my phone.

i take out my phone and put in the closest starbucks.

the closest starbucks they had was 4 miles away.

in california they had one on every corner.

"did you want anything?" i ask as we pull up to the window. he shakes his head and i order my drink.

once i get my drink he start driving back.

"so, tell me a little about yourself." tanner says, with a little of curiosity in his voice.

"what do you want to know?"

its silent for a moment until he figures out a question, "where did you come from?"

"california." i try not to sound sad. i miss it so much.

"why would you leave california for boston? boston is like a nobody compared to california." he does have a point. but something about every city makes it unique.

"well, i was planning to go to college here about a year and a half ago. i never came though cause i didnt want to leave people behind." i tell. he seems more interested in everything now.

"like who?" he puts his hand on his thigh, and looks at me. i keep my eye on the road, trying not to be distracted by his good looks.

"well, my aunt. my best friend valentina. and... another person." i want to keep jack out of every possible conversation i can.

"whos the other person?"

should i tell him? i grip the steering wheel tight, making my knuckles turn white.