Chapter Twelve

Lilli's POV:

Sunday. It's Sunday. We escape today.

Gally's POV:

I'm getting out of here, no matter what it takes. I'm getting out of here, today.

Lilli's POV:

"Shai...Shai, get up. Get up." I whispered. The lump of a body turned over lazily, as she slowly opened her eyes, making contact with mine.

"It's today...isn't it..." She muttered. I nodded softly. Shai nodded, lifting the covers from around her small body as she sat up in bed. I knew she was scared, anyone in their right mind would be.

"Right. Well. Now or never then, I guess." I nodded.

"What time is it?" She questioned. I turned to face the far wall,where a plain, white clock hung on the concrete wall. 10:03 am.

"10 o' clock. We've got two hours." She nodded, her fingers shaking only slightly.

"Shai, it's ok to be scared....I know it's-"

"Hey. This is our only option. Yeah, I'm scared as hell, but that doesn't matter. None of it does. All that matters, is getting out of here, ok? I haven't been free from the fear in years now...but I haven't once given in, and neither have you. The day we give in to fear, that's the day WICKED wins. And they win over my dead body.And yours too. So come on, let's kick this bitch where it hurts."I couldn't help but smile a little as Shai got up from bed, throwing on her work clothes and white lab coat. Not much for a motivational speaker, but at the same time, her words had a sense of realistic comfort to them. I nodded.

We spotted Chris almost as soon as we got downstairs. He walked up to us casually, smiling gleefully as he gave us each a platonic hug.

"Morning girls." He then leaned into my ear, whispering very subtly.

"I switched the keys." I smiled slightly, nodding as I released him. He whispered the same thing to Shai, and she nodded slowly.

"So, what now?" I said softly. Chris leaned in a bit.

"As members of the younger staff, we don't work today. Just some of the data scientists who submit all of the results of the week to a higher corporate aspect of WICKED's head quarters. For the most part,we just kind of clean everything up, and sit around. Some of the workers go to this small game room down in the basement. Nothing fancy, but it's enough to take the edge off." I nodded.

"Good, so there won't be too many people wandering around.Perfect." I said, a small smile creeping onto my face as Shai glanced my way, signaling for me to hush my voice. I nodded.

"Right. So. Have we gotten access onto the plane yet?" Shai asked Chris bluntly. Chris bit his lip, shaking his head.

"Actually, I don't have access to ask for that, there's no way they'd let us on if I asked.." He muttered. Shai's eyes widened.

"Well then how do you expect us to get onto the plane!" She whisper yelled. I sighed.

"Shai, I'm pretty sure that's where we come in." Shai was a silent a moment, before nodding.

"Right...ok, fine. So how do we, ask? Do we just...get in?" Chris shook his head.

"Talk to the head data collector scientist. He decides who gets on the plane. He's fairly young too, that may be an advantage. Probably only a few years older than you two. Just explain how you've been placed in charge of this entire unit, and you want to monitor the trip, see how it all works. Act like, like you already have authority over him. Because I mean, technically you do." I thought about it a moment, before agreeing.