Chapter Nine

Minho's POV:

She's alive. She's alive. She's alive. She's alive. She's alive. She'not dead. She's alive. She's not dead. She can't be. She won't be.I'll find her. And she'll be alive. I'll find her, and she'll be alive. And everything will be ok.

We found something that looks to resemble a town. Mostly abandoned from what we can see. We've been making our way towards it all day,should be there around nightfall. With each step closer, my hopes only grow. Maybe she'll be there. Maybe she'll be there, and she'll be fine, just standing there, waiting for my lazy shucking ass to find her. I know...somewhere deep down inside, that she'snot there. But something about imagining the fact that she may, just may, be there...is enough to keep me walking.

"Aye, Minho! What's the ETA for a rest stop?" Newt called from behind me. I sighed.

"Let's give it another hour, then we'll stop. That work for you shuckfaces?" I asked, trying to mask the tears that threatened to spill over the edge of my eyes. Newt sighed.

"Yeah, that's bloody fine." Newt sighed. He didn't sound particularly thrilled by my answer, but he didn't fight it any farther. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned to see Frypan walking beside me. I gave him a small smile, before turning away to shield my watery eyes.

"Aye, we'll find her. Ok, slinthead? She's ok there." Frypan patted my back, a hearty chuckle ringing in his voice, as always. It was somewhat comforting in all honesty, knowing that even in dyer situations he could carry laughter. I sighed, nodding.

"Grievers....I hope so, man. I really shucking hope so." I said,giving him a small smile. He patted my back, continuing to walk beside me as we gradually got closer to the strange town.

When we'd first seen it, we were more than a little reluctant to head towards it. After all, it could be infested with Cranks. We had no shucking clue. But the heat was getting worse, and we needed food. It was our best chance.

"Got any guessed bout what's in there?" Frypan questioned casually as we walked. I shrugged.

"Cranks...dust...food hopefully." I wasn't in the mood for sassy commentary. Frypan nodded.

"Damn, food would be great. I'm having cooking withdrawals." He smiled softly. I chuckled, nodding solemnly.

"You think we made thee right call? Not staying in the Maze, I mean..." I murmured, hardly above a whisper. Frypan nodded, patting my back.

"We couldn't 'ave stayed...you know that just as well as the rest of us. All of our lives were at stake. We did what we had to do...you did what you had to do." Frypan said, giving me a reassuring pat on the back. I sighed, nodding. Of course I knew. Of course we couldn't have stayed, we would have all died eventually. I couldn't sacrifice lives that weren't my own. But recently, it's crossed my mind, would it have been better to die? If I never see Shai again...if she died a horrible death...or worse...is it really worth it that I survived? Of course it was...wasn't it? I couldn't be sure anymore.

"Yeah...i know..." Frypan nodded.

"She's out there. There's hope, man. She's out there, and she's fighting. 'Cause man, that girl will fight with everything she's got. She'd never stop fighting. And from what I've seen of her, there aren't too many fights that she's lost." I nodded.

"You think Gally's alive?" I muttered. Frypan was silent a moment.

"Who knows man. But hell, if he is...I feel bad for anyone who get's in his way. He's just as much a fighter as Shai. So if he is alive, damnnn...he's fighting too. He'll fight for Lilli to the ends of the Earth, anyone who knows Gally knows that."

Gally's POV:

Begrudgingly,I had followed Milo through the tour of the ship. Strange, it was much larger than I had anticipated, based on the size of my current living quarters. She had showed me the Command deck, where the ship was driven from. Something out of a science fiction novel, it reminded me of. Where I got that association from, I have no idea. I don't think I've ever read a science fiction novel. Next, she showed the living quarters, which was less than thrilling considering their rooms were far larger than mine. She showed me the engine room, the lounge, fairly simple, looked rarely used. The weapons room,something I tried to memorize as best as possible, considering I was destined to be back in time. She showed me a combat training room,and a few others, most weren't particularly interesting.

"Right,so...tour's over. What's my "new job" then?" I asked flatly.Milo chuckled, shaking her head as she stepped forward, placing a hand on my shoulder, I raised an eyebrow.

"Aren't you eager?" She giggled. I glared down at her.

"I wouldn't exactly phrase it that way." I growled. She laughed,tossing her head back in probably one of the fakest attempts of reliability I'd ever seen. She leaned closer to me, batting her eyelashes as I tried to back away from her grip.

"Trust me, the first day's the worst...but, it get's better." She smirked.I scoffed, shaking my head. I leaned forward.

"You know what would make it even better, then?" I smirked. She raised an eyebrow, obviously taking the bait.

"What?"She smiled eagerly. I leaned closer to her, our faces inches apart. I paused a moment, before smirking.

"If you got your filthy fucking hand...off me. You can hold me hostage....but there's no way in hell you can make me like you. Noway in hell." I smirked, pushing her arm off my shoulder as I walked away from her, leaving her in shock. No way in hell.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter!!!! I just thought I'd update a little more for you guys, from the others POV's! And dayummm, Milo got swerved!!! LOL ok anyway, I hope you have a great day! ILY <3