Grey-Asexual/ Grey Romantic

Quick Disclaimer: I wrote most of this book before coming out as non-binary! I may use my birthname and female pronouns, but those do not currently honor me. Hi! My name is Lane, and I use they/them pronouns. Hope you enjoy!

Now that we've covered the fundamentals, we can start treating the rest of the orientations as one category. HOWEVER, just because someone has a certain sexual orientation does not mean they will have the same romantic orientation. (E.g. [Am I even using that correctly?] Not all asexuals are aromantics, and not all aromantics are asexuals) On to the definition!

Grey-asexual (or greysexual, gray-ace, etc.) and grey romantic mean that the person who identifies as this sometimes feels sexual/romantic attraction, but not all the time. Often when they do feel attraction, it is under a certain set of certain circumstances.

If we imagine a scale between one and ten, with one being asexual or aromantic and ten being allosexual (feeling attraction, not on the ace/aro spectrum), a grey person can fall anywhere on that scale. They could be a five, where it's about half of the time they do feel attraction, and half of the time they don't, or they could be a two where it's very rare for them to feel attraction, but still occurs. Most of the time, a grey person will fall below five on the scale, but nines do in fact happen, when it's rare for them not to feel attraction, but still happens.

No matter what, all greys are completely valid. Where they fall in that area of attraction and no attraction doesn't matter. It just depends on if they do and don't.