Chapter 17

I opened my eyes to find myself in Harry's room and it was still dark outside the window. I looked over to the nightstand where the clock said it was only 4am. I had been waking up like every 2 hours. My sleep was far from peaceful. But now I really couldn't close my eyes with everything I had on my mind.

After what happened yesterday I decided that I have to go to protect Harry. I am definitely not safe anymore and I can’t keep him in danger. He can't be with me anymore or he is going to get hurt. He will be heartbroken but I will never be able to live with myself if anything ever happens to him because of me.

It took a lot willpower but I finally decided to try and escape from the house now that the sun is about to come out and Anne and Harry are asleep. I know it's horrible to leave without saying goodbye but I'm just not good with goodbyes. And how am I supposed to explain why I'm leaving? They'll never believe that they are in danger. They'll just think I'm crazy. Harry will think I left him for no reason again. But at least he'll be safe and that puts me at ease.

I got out of bed and I realized I was wearing one of Harry's T-shirts. He must have changed me while I was asleep. Wow I must be a heavy sleeper if I never noticed. I found my clothes from yesterday on the floor so I picked them up and changed into them. I then picked up my purse and stepped out into the living room where I saw Harry sleeping on the couch. I took one last look at him and I couldn't resist. So I walked over to him and have him one last kids on the cheek and whispered "goodbye Harry and take care" into his ear.

A tear streamed down my cheek as I saw his beautiful face while he slept. I was going to miss it so much. But I messed up and being away from him is the biggest consequence I will have to deal with.

I was on my way to the door but I heard some rustling from behind. I tried to make less noise and turned the doorknob.

"Sam? Where are you going?" I heard a raspy voice say behind me. I let go of the doorknob and turned around to find a half asleep Harry getting up from the couch.

" I um..." I stuttered but nothing else came out. I didn't think he'd wake up.

"Are you sleep walking? I think you have a fever," he walked up to me and felt my forehead. I didn't say a word and just gave up on my initial plan. I couldn't leave like this. He held me by the waist and helped me walk back to his room. He took off my shoes and helped me get back into bed. After he left all I did was cry. I can't imagine leaving someone like him. But I can't let him get hurt. He's in danger and it's all my fault and I don't know if I can save him.

-----------------------

"Morning hun," Anne said as she walked into my room with Harry behind. He was holding a tray with scrambled eggs and toast while Anne handed me a glass of orange juice.

"Good morning and you guys didn't have to make me breakfast," I said as I sat up against the pillow.

"Oh don't be silly honey. It was no problem," Anne said.

"Yea and you were sleepwalking last night you know?" Harry questioned.

"Oh I was?" I asked, trying my best to look surprised. "Oh I'm sorry I do that when I have a fever," I laughed, trying to avoid the subject.

"Yea you were very warm so I helped you get back into bed. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't woken up," he said as he sat down on the bed.

"Thank you Harry and I'm so sorry for causing you guys this much trouble. I should leave soon," I said while trying to get up.

"Oh Sam don't be like that. You haven't caused us any trouble babe," Harry said while looking up at Anne.