Chapter 7

My legs were moving as fast as they could. Gabby’s steps matched mine as we ran down the hallway with our suitcases rolling behind us. It was 5:50am and the bus was leaving in 10 minutes.  We had to be on a ferry at 8am to get to Ireland.

“Wait for me!” Gabby yelled, her voice struggling to catch her breath. She tried catching up with me but I just ran faster. I was giving her a hard time ever since she told me about her encounter with Liam last night. Not only did she lie to me about it but she has to get her phone back now. If they really are suspects then who knows what they’ll do to her phone. Someone from the headquarters could call at any second and we’ll be in deep trouble if we don’t answer. 

We took the elevator to the lobby and saw the bus through the revolving glass doors. The plan was to pretend that Gabby was my cousin who went to the concert last night and she stayed at the hotel overnight with me. She got herself into this so she’s going to have to come with me to the bus and ask for her phone back. I thought about just asking Liam to give the phone back but he obviously wouldn’t give it back to me if it’s not mine. 

I glanced over my shoulder and laughed as I saw Gabby still struggling to catch up with me. She wasn’t the fastest runner. “You’re so mature, you know that right?” I heard her say behind me and I ignored her. We finally made it outside and knocked on the bus door at exactly 6am.

“Oh let me help you with that,” Mr. Clarke said as he opened the door and took my suitcase inside for me. I followed him in and Gabby followed behind. The boys noticed my entrance and Liam had to take a second glance at Gabby. “And who is this?” Mr. Clarke asked as he noticed Gabby behind me.

“Oh um this is my cousin Gabby, she um ran into Liam last night and they kind of switched phones by accident,” I explained as I made my way up the stairs of the bus.

“And I’d really appreciate it if I could have it back,” she finally spoke up and I noticed the funny glances between her and Liam.

“She’s your cousin?” Liam stood up from the couch and slipped an iPhone out of his pocket.

“Yea she came in from Manchester yesterday for the concert but she’ll be on her way once you give her the phone back,” I said as I began to push gabby towards the door. She gave me a glare and walked back towards Liam.

“Nice to see you again, Liam,” she smiled sweetly as Liam didn’t take his eyes off of her. I don’t like where this is going.

“Ok Gabriela now that you have your phone you can go,” I pushed her towards the door once again. 

“Wait, does she have to go? Why doesn’t she come with us to eat breakfast?” Liam asked with the puppy dog eyes that I don’t think anyone could resist. Especially me.

“Ok, fine. But she has to go back home after,” I crossed my arms and headed towards the bunk area. This is going to be interesting.

-------------------------------------------------

“What the heck is your problem?” Gabby and I sat at a booth in a small restaurant that the bus driver dropped us off in. “Why won’t you let me stay?”

“Gabby, they’re not supposed to know you. This isn’t part of the plan at all. You’re going to mess up everything and you’re going to cost us this mission,” I whispered as my best friend scoffed.