Chapter 9

Where were you?” Gabby questioned me as I entered our new suite in Cardiff.

“I was buying some girl necessities at the pharmacy next door,” I lied. I was actually with Harry from another one of our many secret meetings. For the past weeks him and I have been sneaking around behind everyone else’s back just to get some alone time. Today, he just wanted to cuddle and I didn’t mind one bit. It was the first day of his week off and I stayed longer than usual. It’s funny how just weeks ago we couldn’t stand each other. The boys were really happy that we finally stopped fighting and we were ‘friends’. But we kind of skipped the 'friends' part already.

But the both of us weren’t ready to tell anyone about our special relationship. Especially me since I’d get sent back home if my dad ever found out that I was secretly dating the suspect of my mission. But he technically isn’t a suspect anymore. I’ve thought really long and hard about this and none of the boys are suspects. They are completely innocent; they’ve proved it to me in the last few days. However, my dad would flip a table if he found out I dated anyone during this mission. 

I’m not sure why Harry still wants to keep it a secret though. He said the secret meetings made our relationship more exciting and passionate. I accepted his excuse for now but something in the back of my mind told me that he was just ashamed of me. So whenever Harry would ask me why I didn’t want to tell everyone, I would say that it was because I wasn’t ready.

“Liam and I are going to the movies with the boys in an hour. Wanna come with?” she asked as she began to look for an outfit in her closet.

“Sure!” I replied sounding a little too excited but I couldn’t help it. The thought of being with Harry in the dark where no one else could see much really excited me. 

-----------------------------------

Gabby and I entered the elevator and started fixing our hair as the elevator continued descending. The boys were meeting us in the lobby in a few minutes so we could walk to the theater that was just minutes away.

We were both preoccupied looking at our reflections on the mirror walls making sure we looked okay. Gabby took about 30 minutes choosing an outfit since this was the first time Liam would take her out in public. She wore a nice sundress and a denim jacket and very light makeup. I threw on a flannel with my most comfortable jeans and some mascara. I also let my dark brown hair down for the first time in weeks. I wasn’t too worried about how I looked but I wanted to make a good impression on Harry.

“Hey girls,” Liam greeted us at the lobby. He took a good look at Gabby and smiled at her presence. “Let’s go my tropical goddess,” he grabbed Gabby’s hand and she blushed. They lead the way to the door and the rest of us followed.

I awkwardly got closer to Harry and he smirked. I smiled back and let the rest of the boys get ahead of us so we were the last ones. 

“You look beautiful,” he quickly whispered into my ear so that no one heard. 

“Really?” I asked, sounding more insecure than I meant. He nodded and gave me that famous grin of his and I couldn’t help but blush. “You don’t look so bad yourself,” I whispered. He really looked extra cute with his ray bans hanging from the neck of his simple white tee, exposing part of his bare chest. 

We all stopped our tracks when we saw the massive amount of girls outside. There was definitely more than 50 girls out there.

“Great,” Liam said sarcastically. He turned around and Gabby followed.

“Where are you going?” Niall questioned.

“Let’s go to my room and we’ll watch a movie there. We’ll get mobbed if we leave the hotel,” he answered and pulled Gabby towards the elevator. We all nodded in agreement and entered the elevator with them.