Chapter 15 : : Moving to New York?

~Alejandra's POV~

I sit there with her in my arms. Lifeless. Her eyes are closed. I will never see those beautiful big blue eyes filled with joy and cheer and life again...what am I gonna do? How am I supposed to move on? SHE WAS ONLY 7 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I keep sobbing until I have no more tears to cry. I sit there with her in my lap. I feel someone put their arms around me. Then another and another. Until I feel everyone in the room, sitting on their knees, hugging me and lifeless Mia. I look up and see everyone is crying on everyone's shoulder. Then Colt gets up and wipes his tears away. Then he speaks.

"Alex, everybody, listen up. I know losing Mia hurts a lot. Believe me, it hurts me too. But we can't stay here. It's only a matter of time before the mutants and their boss come and find us. We have to go. Now." He sniffled as he put his hand on my shoulder. I feel what seems like an attempt at comfort but it doesn't work. I'm way to upset.

"Alright. But what about Mias body? We can't just leave her here!" Kylie yells as she gets up as well.

"True. But what do you want to do? Carry her body all the way back to Texas? We can't do that." Colt replied. He does have a point but I don't want to leave her here. I want to give her a proper burial. A proper funeral. She would've wanted that. So I say something crazy.

"Well then, we're moving here." I say in a stern but sad voice.

"What?! How are we supposed to do that? We don't have a house or money. It's not like we can get jobs right now!" Colt whisper/yells.

"That's right...lets see if we can find where these people hide there money. They can't just get all this equipment for free. It costs millions of dollars to make a hybrid bull and human. We just gotta find the vault." I say getting up. I pick up Mia in my arms bridal style and set her as gently as I could on the table. Right now I have mixed emotions. I'm furious at the scientists and mutants for killing her. But I'm overwhelmingly sad that she's gone. I don't know how to react. But I know what I'm going to do if a mutant ever decides to come at me again.

"Yea good idea. We'll split up and cover more ground. But everyone has to be careful. Mutants could be lurking around every corner." Colt replies as he gets everyone off the floor.

"Alright then. Kylie,Rufus, and Jakob are together. Gaze and Nikky you two are together. And that leaves Colt and I. No matter what, DON'T split up or leave your partner behind. Last thing we need is another kidnapping. And NO goofing off. This is serious. And yes I'm talking about Gaze and Nikky." I say pointing to them with a stern look.

"Whaaat?" They say in unison, acting like their so innocent. Which we all know they're not.

"You heard me. Now, everyone be careful. Let's Go!" I say as we leave the room and Mia behind.

So Colt and I shift into our wolves and began walking as slowly and quietly as we can. I can smell those putrid mutants. My blood begins to boil. My muscles tense up and my claws come out of my paws as I walk.

'Are you alright Alex? You seem angry.' Colt mind links me. I look at him and he whines a little under his breath.

'Yea I'm fine don't worry about it. And why are you scared? I only looked at you. Don't be wimp.' I angrily mind link him back.

'I'm not scared, it's just that your eyes aren't blue anymore, they're gold with a hint of red.' What? How can that be? My eyes in wolf form are blue and in human form they're hazel-green. No way can they be gold and red. Maybe they change depending on my mood? I don't know. But it's not important right now. What is important, is to find that money and get the heck out of here.