Chapter 16: : The Proper Goodbye

The pic above is Mia btw...

~Alejandra's POV~

As I walk out the door I feel a bit of relief fill me. I have her now. No one can stop me from giving her a proper goodbye. So instead of shifting I just walk my butt all the way to the house we recently bought.

As I'm walking home with her in my arms, I just stare down at her. Her tiny, little body, that used to be filled with joy and laughter, now filled with nothing. Absolutely nothing. I shed a few tears thinking about our memories together before she got kidnapped. I thought she would be okay. I thought that everything would be okay. But I was wrong. I didn't get there fast enough. This is my fault. She died because of me....I shed more tears until I'm bawling my eyes out, still holding her in my arms, and still walking down the woodland path. I stop and sit for a few minutes and just wait until I can gain my mental strength again. So after for what feels like 10 minutes of siting, I get up and start walking again.

As soon reach the house an I see that all the lights in the house are turned on. Well at least we have electricity now.

So I walk up the steps, onto the porch, and kick the door with my foot because my hands are preoccupied. I see a dark haired, worried, tired, 15 year old Colt open the door. His eyes filled with a little bit of joy and relief when he sees me. But when he looks down his mouth drops.

"How did you get her? Wasn't she back at the lab?" He asks while opening the door more, allowing me to slip inside and set Mia down on the couch. (Yes this house came furnished and full of food. Perfect for us.)

"ALEX! I THOUGHT SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO YOU!" Yelled all the kids including Kylie as they run up to me and hug me. But they settle down and back away from me when they see Mia in my arms.

"Wha-at? How d-did you get her h-here?" Jakob asked as his eyes start to fill with sadness and tears.

"I went back to get her. I know it's weird but I can't let her not have a proper funeral. Go outside and we'll start." I say walking out the back door. I set her down on the porch swing in the back yard. I go into a shed that I didn't know we had. I open the door and see just what I'm looking for. Shovels. So I grab the shovels and walk out the door. I see everyone is waiting outside for me. Everyone is crying again. Can't blame them.

"Alright I grabbed shovels everyone start digging in a rectangular shape." I say as I throw everyone one except for Jakob. He goes back to porch and sits next to Mia. I ignore it and just go back to digging.

~1 hour later~

"Alright I think that's a deep enough hole for her. What do you say?" I asked everyone.

"I think it's good...for a grave." Gaze replied chuckling and Nikky joined in.

"It better be good enough. It took an hour of sweat and hard work." Said Colt wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

"It is. Gaze and Nikky. Why do you think this is the time to be funny and make jokes? This is a grave for Mia and you think it's funny? Well guess what? After the burial, you two  can go to your room." I say as I smack them both across the back of the head.

"Ow! Sorry Alex..." They both say in unison while rubbing the back of their heads.

"Alright now let's get this thing started." I say as I walk over to Mia and Jakob on the porch. I go to Mia's body and pick her up.

"Alex, is she gonna be okay now? Do you think she's watching over us?" Jakob asked while tugging on my arm.

"She's gonna be alright now. Don't worry. I'm pretty sure she'll be watching over us for a long time." I say while giving him a kiss on the top of the head. So I walk down the porch steps and across the lawn to the hole. Everyone gathers around Mia and I.