His Darling | 5

A/N: I would STRONGLY recommend to go back and read to refresh your mind (as I haven't updated this story in four months ) before you read this chapter. There may be details that you might have forgotten.

Otherwise, enjoy!!! I apologize for the long wait btw. Keeping up with two stories is not my forte. *smiles sheepishly*

Picture is Raven! Or something close to her.
updated picture: 12/28/19

                                                       CHAPTER FIVE.

Much to my discomfort, I couldn't do much but rest my ankle until it healed. And much to my discomfort, I had to rely on Xander to get out of bed, and get about and down the stairs. I hated to move. I just wanted to get out of here. There was not a time when I wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night with a start. My chest aching, rising and falling heavily.

Henry was like a ghost, sometimes I saw him and sometimes I didn't. The times he made an appearance, though, he talked endlessly, whether it was to me or Xander, he never stopped talking.

Xander, on the other hand, was quiet. He looked at me with eyes that screamed things I couldn't understand. And he liked to swear. A lot. I would hear more profanities than a full sentence from him. He also woke up early sometimes, left the house and came at night. I lost count of the many times I've tried to escape in his absence... with no luck. It was like as if the house was a prison--locked from the outside, sealed shut. I'd broken many of their furniture in my rage, but I didn't care. There was something satisfactory in all the mess and watching Xander slowly lose his patience. He didn't crack, though.

If I was right, it'd been three weeks since I last saw my parents, since I last saw Max and Melanie. Three weeks since I last felt the sun and the wind in my face.

And I was going crazy.

I still didn't understand what I was doing here. I had waited for the punishments, the torture that came with my kidnapping. But Henry was as harmless as they came and Xander barely even looked at me.

My ankle had gotten much better. It bothered me a little but nothing I couldn't handle.

I checked the clock on the nightstand beside me. 7:30a.m. Xander would be gone by now. Henry would be nowhere in sight.

I got off the bed and walked across the room toward the door, opening it and stepping outside. The hairs on my arms rose and I put my arms around myself. I was only wearing a stupid, thin sleeping gown that Xander had brought me several days ago, as I didn't have anything to wear.

I don't even know why he bothered.  I was still clearly freezing.

I walked down the stairs and entered the living room only to stop sharp in my tracks.

Xander was here.

His hair was a mess and his white shirt was wrinkled. He was sprawled on the couch with the remote on his hand, watching TV. Only his icy eyes weren't on the TV anymore. They were on me.

"What?" I demanded when he didn't stop staring.

"Nothing." He said and went back to watching TV. I went straight into the kitchen without another glance.

I poured myself a glass of juice, holding the glass with a shaky hand, my eyes going back to the living room apprehensively.

I finished drinking the orange juice and placed the glass in the sink, stopping and closing my eyes for a moment. Please let them find me. I don't think I can stay another day here. I prayed to whoever was listening. I wasn't religious, but it was worth the try. Anything that could help me escape this hellhole was worth it. I blew out a breath and put my hand on my forehead.