His Darling | 22

a/n: i want to sincerely apologize for barely updating. thank you for the support. re read chapters if lost or confused. <3

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I narrowed my eyes, still holding my hands up. I was fixated on Xander as he stood several feet away from me. I didn't mind the silence around us as we looked at each other, my mind was loud enough, as well as my heart.

"What are you doing here," the words were rude, because I hated him.

A strange look came upon his face. His face looked strained and his skin was two times paler than usual, "You look different," he narrowed his eyes, and walked closer, ignoring my question, his eyes roaming everywhere around me as if looking for a faulty piece. Then he suddenly halted, still half hiding in the shadows.

"Go home," I told him, turning away and walking towards the bed.

He suddenly reached out and grabbed my wrist. "Raven," his hand was warm. His lips wanted to form words, but I stopped him.

"Don't touch me, Xander," I started to struggle under his grip. He didn't budge, until—

"Are you eating?" Then he let go.

I frowned and went with honesty. "...When I feel like it,"

"You need to eat more than that,"

"...Okay," I mumbled, not really listening.
He was really here. Xander was in the Underworld with me—in the same room, asking me if I'm eating enough. I almost laughed.

I sat on the bed and couldn't focus on anything in particular but the pounding of my heart and the tears that were now running down my face. I had become such an emotional mess after coming to this place. I hated it all.

"Please leave," I begged him. I didn't want to see him and I didn't want Cole to find him. An overwhelming feeling overcame me. I thought I hated Xander, but here he was, just standing in front of me and I was crying. I think I knew. I knew my fate, and his.

His footsteps were silent as he walked towards me and sat on the bed. In the silence, in this space between us, It was hard. It was hard to feel any resentment or anger, I just wanted to go home.

I saw him move the slightest bit in the shadows, and felt his warm hand on my cheek. I didn't try to look at him, but there he was, staring into my eyes. Icy blue eyes that stole my breath.

It was a relief to see him, regardless of my conflicting thoughts. I leaned into him absentmindedly and our lips collided. So calmly, so smooth, like it wasn't even supposed to happen.

Something exploded inside of me—anguish, confusion and a dull kind of peace in my chest that surpassed any explanations. Xander held me so close, like I might disappear. His lips moved smoothly against mine, his warm, rough hands touching my face ever so slightly. I felt my cheeks redden and my heart flutter and I wondered what was wrong with me allowing this to happen. But when I didn't stop it, I knew it was the beginning of the end.

"Xander," I whispered his name quietly, my own breathing loud in my ears. I wanted to tell him we shouldn't...I shouldn't.

He brought his hands down to my shoulders. I felt like I could breathe for a little—like I wasn't trapped in Cole's castle for once, like I was back at Xander's and he happened to be in the room.

"Don't say anything," he said, slightly pulling away and looking down with a strange look on his face, like he knew this was amiss but was still finding it difficult to let go of me.

I shook my head, looking into his eyes. Then I placed my head on his shoulder, savoring this sinful, melancholic moment. Small chills went through my body. I breathed in deeply and fell asleep in his arms. I was so exhausted. He'd only held me for a second, but that was all it took.