His Darling | 18

a/n: I thought I posted this chapter...turns out, I never did. (It's been sitting in my computer for a good  2 weeks now) *cringes* SORRY! not the best, so I apologize for any mistakes in advance.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

"He is drowned in alcohol." Christian stated.

"You could hear him?"

"No, but I've known Xander for a very long time."

That was the last thing Christian told me before he had to go. He also told me the ring could be made into a necklace.

And I didn't know how to feel. But I woke up on a mattress and under soft sheets. Sheets so soft I wondered if I was in a dream-- until I felt uncomfortable. My own skin bothered me.

I hadn't showered since I had arrived. And Cole's touch was all over me, lingering, like a shadow. It was a bitter reminder of what I had done.

I hopped off the bed without much of a thought and quickly strode toward the closed door on the far left, positive it was a bathroom.

I was right.

Opening the door, I was met by a silver bathtub, already filled up with steamy, lavender-colored water. My mind couldn't help but ponder deeply on how I hadn't noticed someone come into the room, fill up the tub and then leave. Opposite of the bathtub was the sink and mirror. I began to desperately look for hair shampoo and conditioner.

Catching a glimpse of the tiny bottles by the sink, I wasted no time to dip by head over it and wash my knotted and dirty hair. I scrubbed and rinsed, scrubbed and rinsed until the shampoo bottle was no more. Then I grabbed the conditioner. It wasn't nearly enough, but it had to do. I emptied it all out on my head, massaging and combing through it with my fingers. In the end, there was a handful of hair on my palm.

Soon after, I was finally in the warm tub, scrubbing myself raw. Because what better way to do that than when you are both filthy and ashamed? I laid in the tub, allowing the warm water to sooth me, closing my eyes. When I opened them, I felt a strange mixture of feelings.

I roughly rubbed my eyes, sitting up and stepping out of the tub and grabbing a towel from a basket near it. I wrapped it around me, slowly walking out of the bathroom, not looking forward to this day.

To my utter displeasure, Cole was sprawled on the bed, facing up.

I didn't move.

"Your heart's racing," was the first thing he said, looking up at the ceiling. He sounded pleased with himself. "I can hear it,"

Because I fücking hate you and because the knife is right under you. I wanted to say. Instead, I was quiet, staring at him.

He sat up then. His unyielding gaze not going by unnoticed.

I forced the words out of my throat as I hugged my arms, "I need some privacy...please," then I said, "to get dressed."

His voice was cool, but its edges were as sharp as a dagger. "You know, most women here walk around nearly, if not naked. Why should you be the exception?"

"Why not?" I challenged and immediately regretted it. There was a gleam in his eyes. Christian's voice echoed in my head.

He stood from the bed and I craned my neck a little to look up at him, even from the distance between us.

Cole was looking at me like a predator was looking at his prey, just moments before attacking them.

"Come here."