His Darling | 14

(LOL yes, this is real guys, I updated in less than a month. [idk why I'm laughing so hard rn] ANYWAYS. CARRY ON.)

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

Everything was happening too fast.

I was trembling uncontrollably.

And clinging to Henry. My nails dug into his skin in an attempt to emphasize my horror, which seemed to go unnoticed by everyone.

"Raven, let me go. You're making this harder." Henry said gently, begging me with his eyes.

"Please," I whispered. Then looked at Xander. "There has to be another way."

"There's no other way," Xander said.

I was wearing a tight red dress with zigzagging straps. I hated it. It hugged my waist and hips. I could feel my breasts suffocating me. I could feel all the skin showing.

But I couldn't care less about the dress right now.

We were in the middle of a deserted road. It must have been close to midnight. The moon hid behind smoky clouds and the wind cut through my skin. It was cold. Xander, Henry, Christian, and Clyma were all wearing masks and dark heavy clothes. I was a sore thumb among them.

Clyma approached me. Her stride was calm and serene. I felt like dragging my nails down her face for her indifference.

"Don't fight him. He'll only make your stay unbearable." Her eyes were on the grip I had on Henry.

I said nothing. She stepped back. Xander said something in her ear, and she nodded, her green eyes on me.

"It's time," Henry said.

Suddenly, Xander was behind me, peeling my sweaty, stiff hands from Henry. "Come on, Raven."

There was no point in fighting him, I couldn't overcome Xander's strength even if I had the energy to. This was happening whether I wanted to or not.

Despite my reluctant posture, he easily turned me around so I was facing him. Mysterious, steel blue. The only color I could see on his face. He took off his black coat and put it over my shivering shoulders, looking down at the dress like he'd just notice it.

"I don't like it," I whispered.

"I know." He grabbed my hand and started walking away from the group. I glanced back. Despite how dim it was, I knew they were all staring at me.

We walked in silence for a few minutes. I sulked in the crude reality.

Xander stopped and faced me once again. He hesitated before giving one big step back. My heart plummeted and I closed the distance between us in a rush, terrified of what might happen. My body molded in his immediately. I grabbed his face with both hands, looking into his eyes. My healing arm suddenly felt like it was in flames.

My breathing was hard.

"Please. Don't do this." My emotions got the best of me as tears clouded my vision. "Just kill me right now. Just end it now."

He stared at me. Monotonously. Unemotional. "I'm sorry."

No. I could feel my legs weaken. Xander noticed and placed his hand on my back, holding me up.

For a moment, there was only silence.

"Stop begging to be killed." He said, sounding like he'd expected better. "You have a fücking purpose, Raven. There's a reason for all of this."