His Darling | 16

Warning: Sexual stuff. You've been warned.

         CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

"What do you want from me?"

He gave me a smile. "To rule at my side," he said. "To give me what I need."

The naked girl was watching intently, looking at me with vicious eyes. She was now standing only a few feet away from Cole.

I wanted to scream at her. How can she do this?

I rubbed my eyes and stopped myself from pacing, from getting as far away from him as possible. "Why me?" I asked, thinking of my family, my friends, the life I so desperately wanted to go back to.

"Why not?" Cole came closer, looking at me like he wanted to smash my head against the brick walls around us. I wanted to run. "I need someone to grant me more power. You're extraordinary, Raven." A frightening expression overtook his features. He began to walk towards me. I backed away. "You will kneel to me--"

"No. I won't." I grounded out. "I will never--"

"Come here," he demanded, and again that dark pull to do as he said overwhelmed me, but I stayed rooted to the ground. My insides burned.

He chuckled. "Eleanor," the naked girl looked at him quickly, then strided toward him.

I would never understand that kind of eagerness. You could see in her eyes how much she wanted to please him. It was scary.

I swallowed.

Cole pulled her toward him, slowly moving his hands up to grab her face. His muscles flexed slightly. I followed his precise yet effortless movements. His touch seemed to leave a trail of venom in her skin.

His eyes flickered to mine when he bent down to kiss her.

Then I heard the crack of her neck. My heart dropped.

He let go of her and her limp body slammed to the ground near my feet.

I screamed.

"You're sick," I stepped back, appalled. "You're--"

"Your King, and you will obey me." He was being deadly serious, yet enjoying himself. It was all over his face.

I stared at him, shaking, unable to keep my eyes off Eleanor. Her hair was a dark pool around her head. "But--but she praised you,"

Poor girl, she was completely and utterly under his spell. Worse yet, I knew how painful it was to fight off.

I began looking around for the door, because I couldn't do this anymore.

"Raven--"

"NO--!"

"Listen to me," He strode across the room toward me, stepping on the dead girl's hand and crushing it in the process. He gripped my arm. "You're not going anywhere." He grounded. "Ever." He tightened his grip and tears sprung to my eyes. "This is your new home--"

I slapped him. Hard. Even I was shocked.

I'm so stupid.

I am so, so stupid.

I prepared myself for the worse.

But there was a knock at the door.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Cole let go of me without another glance. "Come in." I touched my arm, knowing a bruise will soon blossom.

The door creaked open.