Goodbye John

So I guess I'm gonna back track and say this is when Castiel was sick, something I mentioned in the last chapter. YAY! I'm letting my love for Sherlock bleed into my love for Destiel.

(I"M ADDING THIS NOTE TO SAY THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE FIRST TWO SEASONS OF SHERLOCK MAYBE YOU SHOULD NOT READ THIS YET. I apologize if I spoiled things for some people.)

*******************************************************************************************

Castiel blew hard and loud into his Kleenex, trying to keep his eyes on Dean's back as he followed him to the table in the main room.

"Come on Cas, almost there, just a few more steps."

Castiel sighed when he got to the table and dropped into his chair, wrapping his soft blue blanket tighter around him. He shot a glare at the soup in front of him.

"I'm not hungry."

Dean sighed and planted a kiss into his hair before plopping down into his own seat across from him.

"It'll make you feel better Cas, I promise."

"Yeah Cas, and Dean can make some pretty great soup," Sam added, approaching the table and sitting down to eat some breakfast.

Castiel pouted and slowly began to eat. It really was good. He ate it as quickly as his stomach would allow.

"Enjoying it Cas?"

Cas nodded and when he was finished, Dean took his bowl to the kitchen. Sam finished and got up to get his stuff together.

Dean and Sam were going on a hunt, and Castiel was being forced to stay at the bunker with his dreadful human sickness. It bothered him that he was too weak to go out and help them. It was one of his most hated parts of being human, weaknesses like fevers and broken legs. But he didn't want them to stop doing their job because of him. Dean was wary to go but Castiel convinced him too, not wanting to be a burden.

When they'd gotten everything together, Dean came over and handed Castiel his new cellphone that he had acquired a couple months ago.

"So I'm going to call you at least everyday, to make sure you're okay. You need to keep this with you at all times okay Cas? And if you fall asleep, you better check to see if you missed any of my calls, and call me back when you wake up. And-"

"You told me all of this yesterday Dean."

"Yes, I did, but you're sick and delirious and I have to make sure you know what to do."

Castiel sneezed again.

"You remember what to do for the soup later?"

"Yes Dean."

"And when you run out of the soup, call me. I'll-"

"I've already learned how to make soup Dean."

"Right. So you can make more soup. If you get sick of that-"

"I will call you for further instructions."

Dean grinned and nodded, "Yup. So, I guess I'll see you in a couple days."

Castiel tried to keep his sneeze in as Dean leaned over and pulled his blanket around him more and pushed back a couple strands of hair falling into his eyes. He planted another kiss to Castiel's head and stood up, flashing him one more smile before leaving to take his and Sam's duffle bags to the car. Sam gave him a smile and began to say goodbye when he realized something.

"Uh Cas, are you just gonna sleep for the next couple days?"

Castiel thought about it, "I don't know. I was thinking I'd just wait here."