chapter 28:

(Perla pov)

I watched in terror at what was going on in front of me. I started to panic but then realized something. That wasn't going to help anyone. I picked up a dropped stake and jammed it in someone's chest. Their skin became ash white and exploded in a pile of blood and gore. I backed away in disgust, but bumped into someone. Automatically, a hand was clamped over my mouth. I screamed but my screams were muffled.

"Perla!" I heard two people yell.

I brought my fist up and punched my attacker in the stomach. He groaned but didn't let me go. I began to struggle and squirm out of his strong hold. Then, I was out of his grasp. Cruz was holding him by the collar. In one swift motion, Cruz jammed his hand in my attackers chest and took out his heart. The body crumpled to the ground and exploded like the other guy. I looked up in time to see a stake stab Cruz. A wooden stake. My eyes widened and I began to scream. But I didn't see what happened because I blacked out.

~~~

My eyes flew open. I looked around. I was in a field. I knew that much. I lifted my body into a sitting position.

Bodies were laid across the field. But I knew them. There was Savannah. Fern. Samantha. Danette. And me. Leo, Tanya, and Daniel were tied by silver on the sides.

But I didn't see Cruz. Memories flahed back. He was stabbed. By a wooden stake. But he wasn't here. Is he dead? Oh God, he's dead. My breathing became erratic. He's dead. Cruz Fields is dead.

"Your awake," I heard someone say.

I looked up to see a blonde man. He had icy blue eyes and was incredibly tall. He flashed me a grin and crouched down in front of me.

"It's time you knew what is going on," he said.

I stood up and looked in his eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked.

He grinned and grabbed my chin. He directed my gaze to a crumpled body. Female. Dark hair.

"Don't interrupt. Or I'll kill someone else you love," he snarled.

I looked at the body and my eyes widened in recognition.

My mom.

~

~

~

...