Thanksgiving (Part 2)

The next day I met Warren outside my dorm with my bag.

"We will be taking the bus all the way to Seattle." I informed him. Warren nods and heaves his bag on his shoulder.

We held hands and walked to the bus pick up point and sat on the bench. Warren was unusually quiet today.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked

"I donno Max, I am kinda worried. What if your family doesn't like me. What if I say something that will offense them?"

"Oh Warren," I chuckled, "They already know quite a bit about you I kinda told them about you."

"But what if ..." Warren started.

"Then I'll back you up." I replied cutting Warren off.

The bus came and we boarded the bus with our bags.

The ride was filled with laughter, dumb jokes and indie music. By the time we reach the Seattle the sun has set.

We walked up to my house and I dug out my keys in my bag. Warren twiddled with his fingers acting nervous.

"Hey," I pecked him on the cheek "Its gonna be okay, follow my lead."

Warren smiles and holds my hand as I open the door.

"Mom!  Dad! I am home!"

The smell of turkey hit me as I lead Warren down to the living room.

My mom gave me a big fat hug.

"Maxine! Welcome home!" she beamed.

My dad also gave me a hug.

"Mom, dad, this is Warren the one I told you guys about." I introduced Warren.

"Good evening  Mr, mrs Caulfield." Warren greets promptly.

My mom nods "Hello," she smiled shaking his hand, "I am Maxine's mother."

Warren smiles, "Nice to meet you."

My mom walks off the kitchen after hearing a bell go off.

"So his your boyfriend?" my dad asked me.

"Yeah.'' I answered.

"Dinner is ready!" my mom called out.

"How are you? come on lets go have dinner." My dad pats Warren on the back and we made our way to the dinning area.

A golden brown turkey sat in the middle of the table it smelt divine, next to it was a pot of gravy. Ringed around the golden bird was mash potato, pale yellow with butter and a bowl of mixed vegetables.

My family and Warren sat around the table and took turns saying what we were thankful for over the year.

"I am thankful for Max, for she is a beautiful girl inside and out." Warren says holding my hand under the table.

"I am thankful for you too." I replied.

__________________
Hi everyone. I am a lazy ass that took me 3? 4? Weeks to upload this. Sorry abt that. Yeah. Have a good week everyone.