•Holiday One Shot #1•

Holiday stuff + Flinx (I was really lazy with this college)

You should definitely listen to the song while reading this. It's fun to imagine Jinx singing along. Also it is catchy.
~Xanna

Jinx pov

I- don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need.
I don't care about presents underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know
Make my wish come truuuue
All I want for Christmassss

IsssSssSs..... You

I reached up and twisted the little dial on the radio, turning up Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You.

Because the boys were out for the time being doing god knows what, I had the whole place to myself, yet I still stayed cooped up in my room listening to Christmas music and doodling in my sketchbook. And since I was all alone I could sing to my hearts content without accidentally deafening someone.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
(And I)
Don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree.

I started to move my pencil across the paper- not really aware of what I was doing as I sang along.

I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas Day
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is youuuu

When I listened to the lyrics of the upbeat Christmasy song, a certain red headed speedster may or may not have come to mind..

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true oh
All I want for Christmas is youuuu

I blinked down at the sketch I had been subconsciously working on. A red rose. Stop thinking about him, I thought to myself as the music played on. Don't do this to yourself, Jinx. It'll never work out. You will just end up having to hide your disappointment and pretend you never even cared when it all comes crashing down around you. It always happens that way. This is why you have to put walls up, and keep to yourself. This way you can never be hurt.

I closed the sketch book and set it on my nightstand. My eyes slowly closed as I laid on the bed and tried to think of something- anything other than Kid Flash, but I couldn't. The song wasn't helping. Finally I gave in and let myself dream.

I imagined spending Christmas with him. I imagined sitting in the couch in our pyjamas, watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate. I imagined listening to Christmas songs and making cute cookies. I imagined being kissed under the mistletoe.

I am such a terrible, greedy person. I don't even deserve to be happy.

The song ended and I turned off my little radio. I hummed the catchy tune all the way to the bathroom where I changed into comfy cloths, and took my hair down. When I returned to my room it felt like the temperature had dropped 50 degrees, and I noticed my window was open.

I know I didn't leave that open. I looked cautiously around my room, and after I was sure I was the only one in it, I reached up to shut the window.

"Locking me in again?"

My eyes widened and I spun around on the spot, not believing my ears.

"Y-you??! What are you doing here?"

"I was- around, and I just thought I'd drop by.." He said, picking up my sketchbook off the table. Without even thinking, a bold of pink electricity zapped his hand and he dropped the book with a 'ow!'

"So where is everybody anyway?"

"None of your business." I snarled.

"Did they leave you here by yourself?"

"I said, none of your business!"

"Woah!" He put his hands up in defence, "I was just asking a question!"

"Oh yeah, just breaking into my room, wandering around my house, and asking a question!" I yelled in frustration.

Kid flash chuckled, Abd I seethed with anger. I hate it when I'm not taken seriously.

"What, may I ask, is so funny?"

"You're cute when you're mad." He said, pointing a finger at me. He ducked before I could hit him.

"Cute?! I will murder you in your sleep!" He continued to duck all my swings.

"Aw, you're blushing."

Of course I am! You would be too if an extremely hot Speedster called you cute!

"I am not!" I began shooting pink blasts of energy, all of which he ducked.

We continued our little duel for a few more minutes until he began to speak again.

"Listen-" he said in between ducks, "I gotta- get back. I'm supposed- to be on patrol- right now." He disappeared, then reappeared behind me, and whispered in my ear, "but I'll be back." Then kissed me swiftly on the cheek. Then he disappeared in a flash of yellow and red.

I stood there for a second- dazed and confused. Once I was sure he was gone I squeezed excitedly against my will.

I can't believe that just happened! And he said he'd be back!!

I had forgotten completely about not letting people in. He made me forget.

As I sat down on my bed, still in a daydreamy state, I noticed my sketchbook was opened to the drawing of the rose. Some messy handwriting was scribbled in the corner:

Next week, same time same place?
~Kid Flash
P.S. This is amazing

I Guess my Christmas wish came true..

A/n: So, that took forever! But I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

Happy first night of Hanukkah!

More stories to come.

~Xanna