Chapter 11 - Victim

*I made a trailer, but I'm having issues getting it on Wattpad. I'm trying my best to fix the problem and whenever I figure it out I'll make sure and show you guys. If you guys want to see it my account on YouTube is Sara Savannah and the title of the video is Never Wattpad trailer Zayn Malik fanfiction. That's all! Thank you and I hope you enjoy this chapter!*

Not edited

It's crazy how things can just change overnight. You can go from loving someone to the very core of your existence, but one moment can change it all. One move. One moment. Complete 180.

I ponder the question of how you can get back up from that? How can you accept your failings and move on? I struggled to trust again. It took years of acceptance and pain to flip the page.

But did they even count as years? I was already dead. Time didn't matter.

I thought of Emerson's blue eyes as I sat at the dining table fresh out of the bath/thinking time. I saw the beauty in them. I saw what I wanted to see, not what was really there. A monster.

A slam on the counter yanked me from my thoughts. My head flashed in the direction of the vibrations. There he stood angered and ready to throw a tantrum.

"That was a bitch move, Ellis." He informed in a low growl staring at his hand that rested on the counter. His other hand on his hip and his body stood stiffly.

"What was? Killing? Oh wait that was you." I retorted in a smart tone. I rolled my eyes looking out the open mahogany French doors. The birds weren't singing and the trees were still. The misery radiated off of my body and touched everything surrounding me. The entire land felt my pain. And I guess we all mourned the loss of myself.

"How dare you?" He growled at me his anger boiling at a dangerously high temperature. I could feel his glance burning holes through my skull.

"What? For telling the truth?" I looked him the eye confused at what was so wrong at what I said. I was sick of walking on eggshells around him. There wasn't a thing he could do to hurt me.

"For bringing up Dorothy and Walter." He didn't know he felt. He knew what he did was wrong and should never be forgotten, but he wished otherwise.

"I apologize for your sensitivity to the truth." I mocked him piling on bricks to my walls. As time went on the less likely it became for Zain to tear them down.

"It was a bitch move, Ellis!" His voice roared and echoed throughout the house. I jumped as he slammed his hand on the counter walking towards me. He stood above me with rage in his eyes struggling to hold back. I could see the demon inside of him wanting to lash out, but he didn't. He knelt down never losing eye contact saying, "I'm never going to forgive myself for what I did just like I'm never going to stop loving you, Ellis. You can give up now."

He stood back up and walked away from me taking in a quick out the window. He stopped in his tracks right when he got to the arch leading out of the dinning hall when I recanted, "I'm never going to forgive you for what you did just like I'm never going to stop hating you. You can stop now." He had his back turned to me while he looked over his neck at me. He licked his lips rubbing his chin chuckling, "I can't deny that." He walked of without another word.

I looked out the window for a few hours not realizing where the time was going. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow in the shape of a person. I quickly cocked my head around to see who it was, but it'd disappeared before I could say anything. A few minutes passed and the same thing happened again.