Chapter Ten

Liam’s POV

    Once Anna got in the car, we drove about an hour to the London Eye, and we talked the entire way there. When we finally arrived, I parked and we walked to the huge line.

    Anna: wow! I never expected it to be that big!

    Me: I know, it’s really amazing.

    The line moved pretty quickly and soon it we were second in line. Anna grabbed my hand and I looked over at her. She looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back. I squeezed her hand tighter as we started walking toward our pod.

    As we moved upward, more and more of London was visible and I could see that Anna was absolutely amazed.

    Anna: London is really beautiful.

    Me: Yeah...

    Suddenly the ferris wheel stopped with a huge jerk that sent us both to the floor.

    Anna: What was that?

    Me: Uh, I’m not sure...

    She got up and looked down at where the huge line used to be. We stood in silence for a while, just waiting for it to start moving again.

    Me: It looks like we may be here for a while.

    Anna: Yeah, I guess so.

    She walked back and joined me on the floor.

    Me: This isn’t that bad.

    Anna slightly nodded and looked up and me.

    Me: Everything’s going to be okay. They’ll have this thing fixed in no time.

    I took her hand and squeezed it tightly, and looked at her. She was already looking at me. I dropped her hand and started to lean in. I stopped, and didn’t take my eyes off of her, making sure that this was okay. She didn’t move. I leaned in more and kissed her. She kissed me back. It was a few seconds before she leaned back and smiled at me. I smiled back.

Anna’s POV

    I couldn’t believe I just kissed Liam... It was a dream come true. I just stared out the window and looked at the beautiful buildings and landmarks of London, thinking about everything that’s going on. I tried to stay calm, even though I was totally freaking out on the inside. We just sat and stared, not saying a thing. I did start wondering why the ferris wheel hadn’t started moving yet, but the whole night was nice anyway.

    Finally, we stared moving again, after bout a half an hour of talking. Soon enough, we were back on the ground, walking back to Liam’s car. We held hands the whole way there. As soon as we reached the car, another car speedily turned into the parking space beside it, and Danielle got out. Liam noticed first and let go of my hand, walking up to Danielle.

    Liam: What are you doing here?

    Dani: I came to see you.

    Liam: What do you want?

    She looked at me with a disgusted look.

    Dani: Who’s she?

    Me: I’m Anna.

    I walked up closer to her, and extended my hand for a handshake. She just gave me a dirty look.

    Me: Okay then...