Us Time

HEY. QUICK A/N FOR YA B4 CHAPTER. DON'T YOU THINK THAT MAN IS GREAT? HAVE YOU HEARD THAT VOICE? HAVE YOU SEEN THAT FACE? WELL CHECK OUT PANIC! AT THE DISCO AND MY NEW FANFIC: The Idiot BY ME, Aanar5. ALSO CHECK OUT MY FRIEND's, Panic Time BY maddyEblong
OKAY SELF PROMO OVER ENJOY THE CHAPTER:

Why why why why why. . .

        This past week has basically sucked.
I broke up with Matt. I guess it was meant to be good for me, since I've officially accepted the unfortunate feelings I developed for the guy that was meant to be my best friend.
What's really unfortunate now is my other friend, who came into this situation at the worst possible time.

Lilia.
She decided to bravely ask Thomas out after getting the "go" signal from me. I liked him, I really did. . . But Lilia liked him more. She actually had the guts to talk to him about it, unlike me. So she got him. Of course he accepted. She's beautiful and gorgeous and funny, so why wouldn't he like her? He had already kissed her, so why. Why why why wouldn't he just love her. They've been happy as I watched from a distance, feeling very much like a third wheel, as I had already left Matt. I missed Thomas, in all honesty. He basically abandoned me after my breakup to hang out with Lilia, and he had hardly muttered four words to me since. I believe they were, "Where is the cereal?"
        So there I sat on a drizzly Sunday morning, eating a bagel when Thomas decided to go over his four-word limit he had set to say to me.
"Hey, Amabel. I feel like we haven't been hanging out as much as we should." I feel the absence of a nickname and my chest tightens with sadness.
"Oh?" is the only reply I can manage to squeak out. I jump when he lays his arms around me from behind, resting his chin on the top of my head rather than the green chair I was sitting in, which gave me strange butterflies I had not felt before.
Before I liked him.
"Yeah. Hey, why don't we hang out today?" He asks, the feeling of his chin on my skull more apparent as he talked.
"Why don't you hang out with Lilia?" I ask, cringing at the sharp tone of my voice immediately after I say it. I can feel Thomas' arms tense around me, sensing that something is wrong, but he decides to ignore this.
"Because you are my best friend." He says, squeezing my shoulders before walking back to the kitchen counter to make himself a bowl of cereal.
"And I miss you. What do you think?" He finishes as he pours a hearty amount of Cinnamon Toast Crunch into one of my aunt's white bowls.
"Um. . . I guess." I say, being ridiculously blunt towards him as I finish my bagel.
"Cool. What do you want to do?" He asks as I stand up, smiling down at me with those dark eyes. I avoid his gaze as I put my dish in the sink and wrap the sweater I am wearing tighter around me. The summer is quickly coming to a close, and Thomas and I had nearly a month left before we were meant to go back to Brighton. I've honestly never been more excited for anything in my life.
Maybe when we go back everything will be normal again.
        I shrug, saying, "I don't know." Thomas scoffs.
"Oh, come on. You've gotta have something. You always have something." He says, looking into my eyes as he shovels a spoonful of cereal into his mouth. I shrug again, looking at my feet, being stubborn as usual.
"Is there something wrong?" He asks, and I can hear the frown in his voice. It is at that moment that I decide that I need to be better about this. Make Thomas happy instead of feeling sorry for myself. He deserves all the happiness in the world, and as his best friend, I am obliged to do my best to give him that. So I look back up at him, a smile masking my depressed state, and pick up a cheery tone.
"Nah Thommy. I just honestly have no idea what we could do. We've covered, like, everything in this town." His frown changes into his usual grin, and a bittersweet feeling fills my chest.
"You know, I've got an idea. Why don't we stay a night at that cool, fancy hotel we saw?" I smile at him and ponder it for a second.
"How will we be able to afford that?" I ask, scrunching up my face in sadness and disgust at ourselves.
"Well, your dad didn't give us that money we've been saving for no reason, yeah? Why don't we get out of this house, just for a night?" He nods at a quick pace, showing his excitement, and even puts down his cereal to convince me.
"Lama, we can go swimming!" He says, grabbing my shoulders, and my heart flutters at the sound of my nickname. I smile up at him and his silliness, thinking as he stares at me.
"Alright, fine. Let's do it." I give in, and he tosses his arms up in the air before wrapping them around my waist and spinning me around in the kitchen.
"Yay!" Is all he can manage to say through his child-like excitement, and I laugh as he sets me back down.
"I guess I'll go get packed." I say, skipping out of the kitchen as Thomas reclaims his cereal. I barely make it around the corner before my Aunt is stopping me.
"Amabel!" She whisper-yells, making me jump slightly as she drags me around a nearby corner to get out of earshot.
"What?" I say, concerned about whatever rant she was going to go off on is about now.
"First of all. Freaking. Thomabel." I roll my eyes at her, attempting to walk away before she pulls me back by the arm.
"Wait. You're going to a hotel with him?" She asks worriedly, her maternal instincts kicking in.
"Aunt Evie! I would never, Thomas would nev-"
"I know that." She says, cutting me off and scoffing.
"I trust you two, you've been best friends for fifteen years. I'm just worried about you." I knit my eyebrows in confusion.
"What? Why?" I ask, my heartbeat increasing suddenly. Evie rolls her eyes at me, giving me a knowing look.
"Come on, sweetheart. You like him. It's obvious." I begin to protest immediately.
"Evie, I've told you it's not like that, I. . ." But even I don't beleive my argument as I try to save myself.
"It's okay, Amabel. It happens. But Thomas is dating Lilia. You've got to accept that. I really don't want you to get too close, or expect anything-"
"Aunt Evie. Thomas is my best friend. Always has been, always will be. I don't expect anything, but I will not lose him due to a stupid little crush." She regards me with sad eyes as I assure her, and she sighs.
"Okay, I trust you. I just really don't want you to get hurt, honey. You don't deserve that." I smile at her.
"I know, thank you. I'll be okay. Life is good." I tell her, and she nods.
"Have fun then, go get packed." She says, squeezing my hand as I begin to walk to my room.
"Stop stalking me!" I tease as I walk away, and we giggle before I head upstairs.
This is sure to be a great adventure.

YO YO YOOOOOOOO
OKAY SERIOUS TIME:
I am really really sorry about not updating in so long, I'm not showing this story or you guys the love that I should. But I'm gonna be comepletely honest, I need you guys to help me out with this. Comments really inspire me and get me to write more, SO COMMENT IT UP OKAY I MISS YOU GUYS AND I WANT TI CONNECT WITH YOU.
~SERIOUS TIME OVER~
SO HOW HAVE YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE BEEN?
TOMMOROWS CHRISTMAS SO YAY MERRY CHRISTMAS
AND IF YOU DONT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS THEN HAPPY HOLIDAYS
HERES YOUR PRESENT :p
BUT THIS REALLY WAS A TERRIBLE FILLER CHAPTER SO IM GONNA TRY TO UPLOAD ANOTHER PRESENT TOMMOROW DONT YOU WORRY
JUST KEEP YELLING AT ME IN THE COMMENTS AND ILL GET IT DONE
ALSO IM REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLYREALLYREALLYYYYYYYY OBSESSED WITH PANIC! AT THE DISCO AND IM CRYING @ DEATH OF A BACHELOR MUSIC VID RN OH BEAUTIFUL BEEBO
(YOUVE GOTTA BE PART OF THE FANDOM MAN)
SO IF YOU WANT MORE GLORIOUS AUTHORS NOTES LIKE THESE GO CHECK OUT THAT STORY I MENTIONED IN THE BEGINNING.  PLUS THE OTHER ONE (ily Maddy).
SOOOO YEA TELL ME HOW YOUR HOLIDAYS ARE GOING AND PLEASSSEEE YELL AT ME IN THE COMMENTS PLEASE
I NEED THAT.
OKAY WELL ILL SHUT UP NOW
HAVE A GREAT WHATEVER YOURE HAVING (DAY, NIGHT, CHEESEBURGER)
GOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!