Chapter 10

I slid into the seat in front of Rachel's computer in her room. I then quickly googled "Johnathon Grayson" and up popped page after page about him. News reports about his winning touchdowns, his extravagant parties, and his girlfriends. Along with many pictures of him, but they don't do him justice compared to being face to face with him. I then saw a Facebook account so I clicked on it. It told about some small facts about, but what caught my attention was the relationship status. "Single". I then thought back to our meet which helped me come up with a plan.

"Rachel, if you want to check out is Facebook page it's open." I called down and walked out. Once I shut the door to my room I practically heard her rush up the stairs. She always has to check out the cute targets profiles, it's just her thing. I then quickly changed into something I figured was semi cute and still covered enough skin and was easy to move in. Faded skinny jeans with a green top with a sweetheart neckline and long sleeves that are practically see through, and my favorite pair of boots.

I then walked out and down the stairs. I then walked right out the door, hiding my limp, and went straight to my motorcycle.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I zoomed past the trees and into the city. The cool breeze making my hair fly all around. I then pulled up to Johnathon's school and saw that the football team was practicing. Also two very familiar motorcycles. I had to be quick if I wanted to beat them.

I quickly slid off and started walking to the field. I could see Dominique and Richard hiding in the shadows by the entrance to the boys locker room. They were going to start an all out brawl if I didn't get the target before he got there. I heard the coach blow a whistle and saw the football players start to head to the locker room. I then spotted the target and walked close enough to where I knew I could call out to him and he would notice.

"So your names Johnathon?" I called out making his head snap to me, a look of recognition in his eyes.

"Well, if it isn't the southern girl from the theater." He called out starting to walk to me. I just shrugged about it. "I'm still sore from our... talk." He stated looking back to see his friends watching.

"Yeah, sorry about that, I'm not very good at flirting." I smiled back.

"But your good at research." he stated.

"I just googled 'Mr. Grayson's son' and your name popped up." I smirked. Which he responded with a boisterous laugh, much like the one at the theater.

"So you know how much of a party animal I am." He laughed.

"That, and that you've had at least twenty girlfriends." when I said that his eyes lost a little of the light that were dancing in them. Man he was breathtaking in his football uniform, with his spikey black hair that's just think enough to run your hands through glinting with sweat, and his emerald green eyes that seem to see something that others would overlook.

"I didn't date all of those girls, the press put what they want in the papers." he growled out. Letting me know that was a sensitive topic. I decided to go full force with the plan now.

I stepped forward and stood on my tip toes so I could talk in his ear. "I found your dad." I whispered. Which made him tense. "The location is on my computer. It's at my place. I can show you where he is." I whispered making it appear like I am rushing, when really I feel like I have plenty of time.

"Why haven't you told the police?" He whispered, putting his hands on my hips and pulling me closer, close enough to where I had to put my hands on his chest.

"Because, according to the location, the people holding your dad hostage would see the cars and maybe kill your dad before they get even close to the building." I whispered making it seem like I was panicking, which was working.

"Ok, calm down. We can figure this out. Just calm down." I nodded. "You said it's on your computer at your place." I nodded. "Ok, than lets head to your place." He then stepped back and slid an arm over my shoulders and started to head to his truck with me in tow. It was a red Ford f-150 . I stopped.

"What about my motorcycle?" I asked. He looked over at it.

"I can load it in the trunk. Just get in." He gestured and went over and started rolling my motorcycle to the back. I then quickly slid in and buckled up. I waited for a very short time before he came and climbed into the drivers side and started the ignition. "Where do you live?"

"In the country, just follow the highway east until I point out the driveway." I stated. He nodded and backed out, and before long we were heading back to the barn.
___________________________________________________________________________________

We rode in silence, in our own thoughts. Then I saw the driveway. "There." I called out pointing. He nodded and turned into it. We slowely drove along it till we pulled up to the house. I smiled at him. "Sorry." I stated and quickly grabbed his hair and banged it against the steering wheel as hard as I could. But apparently not hard enough. He quickly grabbed me right under the elbow and pulled, causing me to grind my teeth. When he did that he got my hand out of his hair and sat up and brought a hand to around me neck. He then tightened his hold, making it hard to breath.

"May I inquire why you just made me slam my head into the steering wheel." He growled out, leaning closer to me. I could feel his warm breath against my face.

"I can't tell you... if your strangling me." I gasped out, which made him loosen his hold. Which I then put both my hands on his arm at his elbow pressed where there is a gap between the bones. The spot that a lot of people refer to when they say they hit their funny bone. He then let go entirely which I used to my advantage. I bent down and pulled my knife out of my boot and slid to where I was on his lap with the knife at his throat. He froze. His eyes wide in shock.

"Sorry. " I slammed the handle of my knife above his eye, hitting him hard enough this time to knock him out. I then took a deep breath. My plan had worked, it actually had worked. I then opened the driver side door and slid out and unbuckled him. Then I tugged his arm and he came out and fell right on top of me. "Crud." I gasped as his weight pressed against me. I tried squirming out from under him, but to no avail, he must weigh like a ton of bricks. Then I heard the sound of motorcycles. I couldn't help the smirk.

"You comfy there Angel?" Richard called out. His voice dripping with humor.

"I would if it weren't for he's on my knife wound." I ground out which got Dominique and Richards butts in gear. They quickly came over and picked him up high enough for me to slide out, then promptly dropped him. I sat up, I didn't even try to stand. My injury was pulsating with fiery pain. "Looks like I won." I smirked out.

"Please, you hardly did anything." Richard stated. Which I glared at him.

"Well, she is the person who brought him here, and she did it by herself." came Gunners voice from the porch. "How did you get him?"

"He has a thing for small brunettes with southern accents." I stated with a smile. Which made all the guys mouths drop.

"Wait.... did you say that you wanted to get in bed with him..." Dominique asked.

"What. No Way! I would never do that. Why would you even think I said that?!?!" I practically screamed at him.

"Because you basically said he had a thing for girls like you and.." I cut Richard off there.

"I knew he was looking for his dad, and he thought I had been looking to. I told him I had found something and that I would need to show him it on my computer." I stated while staring daggers at them.