Chapter 13

After Dominique left I looked at our two captives. I looked at the old man and gave him a sweet smile.

"Sorry about him." I stated.

"Your apology doesn't mean anything if we are tied." Johnathon barked back.

"John." Mr. Grayson scolded.

"They're our captors, why should we tolerate this?"

"She is the only one of them who shows any kindness to us." Mr. Grayson glared at his son. "Don't yell at her for this."

"She's the reason I'm here!! She lied to me." John looked at me with a rage I have seen many times, but I could never forget it.

"I'm sorry." I stated and turned to try and walk out. Only to walk into Richard who had opened the door.

"Shadow Wisp." Richard nodded towards me. His jaw clenched as if acknowledging me had made him hurt.

"Shadow Scythe" I nodded to him with my voice dripping with annoyance. Which caused him to look at me.

"Do we need to talk?"

"That depends, why do you think I am not good enough to be leader?"

"This is not something we should talk about in front of them." He grunted and started to walk away. I could tell what he was going to say to me he assumed would hurt me.

"Why?!? You afraid you'll hurt my feelings, or are you afraid that they'll learn to much about out group?!?!" I yelled at him, making him freeze right at the top of the stairs. I could barely see someone at the bottom. "Just tell me why I won't be an adequate leader!!"

"You're too young." He yelled back. Turning to face me. But that answer wasn't the full one, I could see it in his eyes.

"Why else." I stated staring him in the eyes.

"You're to weak. You always get hurt, you never know when to back down. You don't even know your own team fully!" he glared.

"Too weak? I'm too weak?!? Apparently you forget that I joined this stupid organization when I was eight. EIGHT!! Do you forget that I witnessed my parents die! Do you forget that I lost everything when I was EIGHT! And it's not my fault I don't know everything about you because you never tell me!! You always tell me I'm to young to understand!" I yelled back at him, making his face pale. I had never told them about when I joined, what my dreams were about. This was the first time I have ever mentioned my parents in front of them.

"Angel, I'm so.."

"Don't, I don't need your sympathy, I need your trust in me in leading us. I earned this fair and square." As I said this I could feel a tear trying to worm it's way from it's cage behind my eyes. "Please, just trust me." I stated before I walked past him and down the stairs, heading back to the barn to be alone.