Chapter 14

I sat on my motorcycle in the barn gently caressing it. Remembering a good childhood memory. My parents had told me that if i ever rode a motorcycle they would kill me. Though obviously i didn't listen to that rule. I couldn't help a soft laugh about the memory of the first time i rode a motorcycle and scared my parents as a tear slid down my cheek onto the smooth black metal. I heard the sound of rusty metal grinding which pulled me out of my sweet memory and brought my attention to the barn door.

"Hey Angel, can we talk?" Sophia asked as she stood there looking at me calculatingly.

"Yeah, what's up?"

She came over and leaned against the van and looked at me. "I heard your conversation with Richard at the top of the stairs. Are you ok?"

I took in a deep breath. "Honestly, i don't know. But there is nothing i can do about it to change it. After all, it was seven years ago." I smiled at her.

"How did you join the organization?' she asked looking in my eyes.

I chuckled. "I don't know if you can handle it." I smiled at her.

"Try me." She smirked with a glint in her eye.

"If i tell you, you have to promise not to keep stuff from me when i ask." I glared back.

"Deal. Now spill." She laughed.

I nodded. "I walked out of my bedroom because i heard yelling. I was curious. When i got to the living room there were five drunks in the room asking for money i think." I paused and took a breath, noticing shadows at the barn door i could tell others were listening in.... "When my dad told them they didn't have the money, they pulled out their guns and shot my parents right in front of me. My dad in the head, while my mom in the stomach.... She sat their gagging on her own blood until one of them walked over and shot her in the head. I saw their eyes dim..." I couldn't help the sob after i said that.

"Angel, i am so sorry." Sophia came to pull me into her arms but i gently pushed her away.

"Sadly, that isn't the end of the story." I gave her a weak smile. "They chased me out into the streets, then i made a stupid mistake and ran into a dead end. They toyed with me. And no matter how much i screamed for help at the people who walked by, nobody came to my aid. Right as one went to rip my shirt, the police showed up. Then, there was a shoot out, and i got shot in the shoulder..." I couldn't say anymore, the tears were racing down my cheeks and i couldn't catch my breath. Sophia immediately pulled me into her arms and let me cry. This was the first time in five years i have told anyone of that night. It was the first time i confided in one of my teammates about my past...