Chapter 11

The boys had carried Johnathon into the house. I stayed sitting on the porch thinking about how my plan went. It had worked, I hadn't known if he would actually believe me with the computer thing. I thought that since I had kneed him in the gut that he would try and attack me. Though he had trusted me....

"What you thinking about?" came a husky voice from behind me.

"Thinking about how my plan had actually worked." I stated looking back at Gunner with his blond hair that cover his eyes partially that is unkempt and his ocean blue eyes making me feel at peace.

"What, you didn't think it would work. Your plans always work." He laughed and sat next to me with a hand length of distance between our legs.

"I wasn't sure if he would listen to me or try and hit me.... since I had kneed him in the gut a couple of days ago." I stated looking at him with a smirk. "He actually trusted me."

"That's because your an amazing actress." he chuckled out. I nodded and looked down at my hands. "You should wear green more." He stated abruptly making me look up. "It looks good on you." he smiled at me. I couldn't help but laugh, then I shoved him playfully in the shoulder.

"What you two laughing about?" came Dominique's voice as he came and stood behind us leaning against the wooden post I was right next to.

"How she looks beautiful in green and that she should wear it more often." Gunner said looking right at me with a smile. I just rolled my eyes.

"It does bring out her natural features." Dominique stated taking me off guard. I turned my head and looked up to see Dominique's eyes flickering with to many emotions for me to keep track. I gave him a smile.

"Thanks for the compliment." I stated looking at both of them with a smile.

"We're only saying what's true." Gunner shrugged then patted my head, stood up and walked back in the building, leaving me and Dominique.

"I'm sorry about earlier. Richard and I never should of talked about you like that." I just shook my head, trying to tell him he doesn't have to. He then sat right next to me, no room between our legs. He was turned facing me, his muscle taught against his shirt. "I'm sorry that we underestimated you and assumed you couldn't handle it. Cause apparently you can. I'm sorry about how I hurt you both when you protected Mr. Grayson and Gunner, I'm sorry that I scarred you so badly."

"You were in a blood rage, you couldn't control it." I simple stated, trying to shrug it away.

"But your the person I hurt every time. I feel horrible about it. I see how much it hurts you to walk even when you hide it. I see how whenever something brushes against it you grind your teeth. You hide it so others don't see the pain you are suffering, which I don't get. Why don't you ever tell us when you are hurting?" he asked grabbing my chin gently and turning it to face him. I swallowed hard, I hadn't realized how much he noticed, which is probably how they all felt about me.

"You all already think I am the weak link because I am the youngest, I don't want y'all to think I am an even weaker link." I stated while keeping my composure. When I said that his jaw set and his muscles tightened, his eyes seemed blacker than I had seen them before.

"Don't think that, none of us think that." he growled out.

"Y'all withhold information from me because 'I'm to young to understand'. I notice things, I'm not an idiot." I stated while taking a deep breath, trying not to get mad.

"I didn't know..." Dominique started to say but I just stood up and started for the barn. I need time to myself, to think. "Hey" Dominique growled grabbing me by the left shoulder hard. I winced since my bullet wound still hurts to this day, but quickly covered it as I turned to look at him.

"What?" I asked just looking at him.

"Why don't you come into the house and everyone can tell you what they've been keeping since they think your to young to understand." Dominique sighed out, running his other hand on top of his head. I sat and thought for a second. Then I nodded and started to head for the house. Wondering what all everyone has kept from me.