Rise of the Great Devourer

Sorry I took so long to write. Hope you like this chapter!

Grace was lying on her bed, trying to take a nap. After all that happened the other day, it wasn't surprising that she wanted to take a little rest. The party they had afterwards had also taken a lot of her.

"Will everyone please place their seat back and their tray table in the full, upright, and locked position," Nya's voice came over the loud speaker, " we have reached our destination: Torch Fire Mountain."

Grace smirked at Nya's announcement. Torch Fire Mountain, the place they would destroy those fang blades once and for all. She slowly got up and walked over to the window. She sighed. Out of all the things she imagined she would be doing, she never would have guessed she'd be living on a flying ship!

She was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a loud bang and the ship started tilting sideways. "Wh-what's going on?!" She fell against the wall. 

"PYTHOR'S ON BOARD!!"

Grace gasped. That snake's on board the ship?! She made her way towards the deck and sure enough, that serpent was on the deck holding the fang blades. She also saw the ninja and Sensei hanging over the edge of the ship.

"Sorry if I don't lend a hand," he smirked. "But I'm really in a rush. Got this whole devourer thing going on."

"Where do you think you're going?"

Pythor shook his head at the green clad ninja. "A little cliche, don't you think?" Lloyd faltered a bit. "Oh I wouldn't expect a child to understand."

"Hey I've grown up a lot!"

Lloyd tried several attempts at hitting him, all of which missed. Grace sighed. She would go help, but she was afraid of what he would do if he saw her. Why were the snakes after her anyways.

Grace looked up as Samurai X landed on the deck. Pythor backed up in fear as she approached. Lloyd saw his chance and kicked Pythor in the face. He cheered as Grace giggled. Cute.

Just then, Pythor slithered off the edge of the ship and onto a passing serpentine ship. "So long, suckers!"

Grace ran out to the side and grabbed Kai's leg just as it slipped off the plank. "A little help!" She called to the others. "I can't lift 5 people on my own you know!" Nya pulled everyone onto the ship. "They're getting away!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If Pythor returns the fangblades to the city of Ouroboros," Sensei explained, "he'll awaken the Great Devourer!" "Well," Nya said, "we're not gonna let that happen!" 

"What about me?" Lloyd asked, carrying a heavy looking suitcase with the golden weapons. "Patience Lloyd," Kai said. "You're too important now that you're the chosen one." "Patience?" Sensei asked. "Ah, the student has become the teacher." Kai smiled. Jay reached for his weapon.

"Now, how about we play a little catch up?" Cole smirked. "It's my favorite game!"

"NINJA-GOOO!!" The ninja, Nya, and Sensei all departed. Lloyd turned to Grace. "You staying?"

"Yeah," she turned and ruffled his hair. "I'm not much of a fighter, kiddo." She walked towards the door to the bridge.

"Hey! You're a kid too!"

"Yeah." She poked her head out the doorway. "But I'm older." Lloyd scoffed as he followed her to the bridge.

If the ninja thought they were having a rough time, they should have seen what was happening on the Bounty.

"LLOYD!!" Grace yelled as she held on to the periscope for dear life. "WOULD YOU FLY STRAIGHT!?"

"I'M TRYING!!" Lloyd yelled back just as loudly. "YOU TRY FLYING THIS THING!!"

"I think I will!" She grabbed the wheel from him. The ship still swerved from left to right. Okay, maybe he was right. "Told ya it was hard!"

"Oh shut up!"

"Give the wheel back!"

"You can't drive any better than I can!"

The two started pulling the wheel left and right, which didn't steady the ships's flight path at all. Grace covered her mouth. "I think I'm gonna hurl!" "Gross!"

After a while, they managed to steady the ship. They looked all over and saw snakes littered everywhere. "Must have been some fight," Lloyd commented. Grace nodded. Then she gasped and pointed. "Look!" Lloyd gasped too. "The lost city of Ouroboros." Then he pointed at the ground. "There are the others!" They steered closer and latched the anchor onto the bus. Then they took off with them to Ouroboros.

Once they landed, everyone jumped down and ran towards the center of the city. Suddenly, the ground started shaking. "What's happening!" Grace ran towards Cole. "It must be the Great Devourer!"

When they reached Sensei and Pythor, they the ground started to crumble. "It's so big!" Pythor cried. Sensei glared at him. "You shall stay to see what you have done!" Then he jumped at the serpentine. "This is our destiny!"

"Sensei!" Kai shouted. "What's going on?!" 

"You must do everything in your power to stop the Great Devourer! Go, ninja! Go!" The ground started to crumble even more, and two glowing red eyes appeared from the hole. 

Then it rose up from the surface. The giant snake slithered up about 60 feet high. It turned and hissed, before launched at Sensei and Pythor.

Grace gasped. 'It's just like in my dream...'