Chapter five

I have written the last chapter for this on a whim, and now I'm an emotional wreck because I'm such a terrible person oh my f*cking god it's so sad why do I write these things? Every one of my stories is depressing half the time and this time there's just pain and suffering and of Jesus Christ I'm so terrible to you guys. Get tissues. This whole book is just sad. I'm awful.
Okay! WE HAVE PERCICO FINALLY! Sort of. Nico's gonna be a little shit and be all 'I'm alone and I always will be' and blah blah blah but still.
I don't really have anything else to say. Sooo enjoy.
QOTD:
Not really a question, but try and make me laugh. I need it with all the pain from the surgery. Hit me with your best shot, people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bring me home in a blinding dream
Through the secrets that I have seen
Wash the sorrow from off my skin
And show me how to be whole again
~linkin park
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nico was in shock. His body tensed after Percy spoke those words, clenching his eyes tightly shut, waiting. Waiting for Percy to burst out laughing and tell him he's joking and then tell Nico he's an abomination. A freak.
But it never came.
Nico felt Percy's thumbs brushing away his unwillingly shed tears, heard his soft words of comfort, and he could feel his body relaxing. He couldn't help but lean into the warm hands on his cheeks.
"Nico, it's going to be okay."
"How?" Nico whispered.
"You'll have me. I know, you've been alone. I'm sorry. I know you're broken. Let me piece you back together." Nico opened his eyes to look up at Percy. His sea green eyes stared at Nico.
"I-how can you? I've been through too much for someone to save me."
"I can try. Isn't that what life is about? Trying your best? Nico, you don't have to be alone. I told you that years ago. And I... I've realised my feelings for your were deeper than I thought. That i was in love. And I see your sadness and it hurts. Please...?" Percy rubbed his thumb across Nico's cheek.
Nico closed his eyes. Every part of his life had ended in sorrow. He'd seen so many terrible things, most no one knew he had seen, secrets kept in the back of his mind, where nightmares were. His life was a tragedy, Aphrodite had said. It was a tragedy waiting to happen. But Percy... Percy was a ray of sunshine in his life. Something that kept his from falling to rock bottom. In the end, Percy was the one who washed away his sorrows, tried to piece him together.
"I... It's hard to let go. Of the past. Of the pain. But... You've never left me alone. I don't understand. How can you love me?" Nico searched Percy's eyes for an answer, getting only pure honesty.
"Because I want to be the one there for you. I love you because i can see you being happy, but you need help getting there. And I want to try to get there. I want you happy. And be by your side. Nico, it's not easy to explain. I'm terrible with words, you know that." He grinned before continuing. "But I love you. Let me help you. Let me love you."
Nico closed his eyes. He was scared. Why was it so hard to accept it? Why couldn't he say yes?
"Percy... I-"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLIFFHANGER!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LIED. Percico doesn't come until next chapter. Ahahahahaha. Whoops I'm a terrible person.
Okay, I understand it seems like Percy is making Nico a charity case, but it's not like that. Percy wants Nico to be happy, whole. He wants to be by Nico's side to see it happen. That's what he's saying here.