Chapter twelve

This is where the shit starts to go down. I'm sorry. I don't know how many chapters this will be, probably at least 15 or 20, it's short but as I told you guys, it's a short story. A very depressing short story.
I literally don't understand Rick... I mean, I love that we get more books and all, but he is like "maybe we'll go to college in New Rome" and you think that's the end of that, but nooooooo, we get an entire series of COLLEGE PERCY AND HIGH SCHOOL NICO. IM NOT READY FOR THIS, RICK!!!!!
Okay, on with chapter 12!!!! Drama llama people!!!!!
QOTD:
Anyone ready to go back to school if you're on mid winter break? I'm not. At all. I'm so fucked. Royally fucked. I'm failing algebra. I'm so fucked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes you have to do what's right and damn the consequences
~Merlin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nico knew something wasn't right. Well, obviously nothing was right in the world at the moment, but the rest of the seven seemed tense after Annabeth called this meeting. He noticed Reyna's eyes flickering from one person to the other, her mouth turned down in a frown. Percy had his arm rested almost protectively over Nico's shoulder. Nico sighed, knowing it was because he didn't want Nico to go through with this. The rest all seemed like they were going to be attacked at any moment.
Annabeth cleared her throat.
"I guess... We've got a problem."
Nico refrained from rolling his eyes. No duh.
"The Athena Parthanos needs to get to camp, and fast. The last Iris message we had with Chiron said that the Romans were almost to camp. The Parthanos is our only hope of peace. We don't have any idea how to get It to camp."
Nico glanced at the others. They all seemed to be thinking.
"I will have to take it. The Romans don't trust you Greeks. They trust me." Reyna spoke up.
"But will they listen? Octavian has control over them, from what Chiron had seen. Octavian hates you." Percy cut in.
"It's our only chance." She shot back.
"But how are we going to get it there?" Jason countered.
Nico knew it was a bad idea to suggest this after his conversation with Percy. But it seemed no one else had a better idea in the time they had been talking. There wasn't any time left to consider anything else.
"I'll do it, like I said I would."
"Shadow travel a giant statue plus two people across the world? That's not happening." Percy nearly yelled.
"Have any better ideas, Jackson?"
"The last time you traveled across the ocean you nearly died! Remember China?"
"I know the risks! I know them, I've lived them! But this is our only option!" Nico glared at his boyfriend.
"I can't lose you..." Percy mumbled.
"I know. Have faith. Le stelle ci guideranno a casa." Nico mumbled back.
"Look, can Nico do that?" Frank asked.
Nico sighed, glancing at Percy who was staring at him with pleading eyes.
"I think so. We'd need to take breaks a lot. I can't really go long distance without side effects."
"Side effects?"
Nico glanced at Percy again, knowing this was a bad idea but had to put it out there.
"If I shadow travel nonstop, my body starts to fade. I become a shadow."
Jason ran a hand through his hair.
"With stops, how long might it take?"
Nico sighed.
"Three, maybe four days? I don't know. It may be a week. Depending on how far I can go between breaks."
Percy made a noise in the back of his throat and stood up.
"Well if you're just going to risk your life like that, I'm leaving."
Nico watched Percy storm out,