Chapter 4

Valerie's POV

After Keaton leaves, I look outside the window to wath him walk home. When I don't see him, I hear the doorbell ring. I run downstaris and open the door. I see a note on the ground that says:

Val,

I realized I never gave you my number so here it is.

714-314-9627

Call me so I can add yours in. See you tomorrow night! xo

Keaton :)

I smile crept onto my face and I looked around to see if he was anyone near. I didn't see him so I closed the door and ran back upstairs to get my phone. I plugged in his number and gave him a call. After 3 rings, someone answered the phone.

"Hello?" A sexy voice answered from the other side.

"Hey Keaton, It's Valerie."

"Oh, hey! What's up? I see you got my note?"

"Yeah, it was cute. And nothing much. Kinda bored since you left."

"Same here. So, you ready for tomorrow night?"

"Actually yes. Where are we going anyways?"

"You'll see. Hey, I have to go but I'll talk to you soon, kay? Don't forget to wear something causal. I'll pick you up at 4."

"I remember Keaton. You only told me like 30 minutes ago. Haha."

"Right. My bad. I'll talk to you soon."

"Okay, bye Keats." Did I just call him Keats?

"Bye Valerie!"

And with that, I hung up the phone.

Keaton's POV

Did she just call me Keats? And is it weird that I kind of like it?

Alright, so I'm gonna take Valerie bowling for our first date. I thought it would be a good way to start it. It's fun and we can still talk. There wouldn't be any awkward silence I don't think. Well, I hope not at least.

***************************************

It's about 3pm the next day and I need to start getting ready. I put  this on and leave the house around 3:30ish.

I walk up to her doorstep and knock on the door a few times. I'm actually really nervous. I don't know why either, maybe it is because I really like her. More than I have ever liked anyone. She's different.

She opens the door wearing this:OMG! She looks amazing. "You ready to go?" I say to stop myself from staring.

"Yeah. Now, can you tell me where we are going?"

"Bowling." I look at her face to see how she reacts to our first date location. She tilts her head to the side and has a confused look on her face.

"I thought it would be fun." I respsond

"I'm sure it will be; let's go!" She take my hand and starts to walk to the bowling alley. It's not to far away from her house but I don't think she realizes that I brought my car.

"Umm, I thought we would drive there... if that's okay with you."

She looks embarassed. "Oh, yeah thats fine. Sorry!"

"No problem."

We get into my car and she starts to look through a pile of cd's I have on the floor.

"You like Blink 182?" She asks.

"Yeah, do you?"

"YES!" She practically screams. I laugh and she apologizes. "It's fine." I say.

She puts the cd in and we are both singing along to "I miss you"

She's not a bad singer. Actually, she is quite a good singer. I was about to tell her that I thought she was a good singer when she surprises me by saying the same thing to me.

"Keaton, your a really good singer."

"I was just about to say the same to you!"

"Oh, please. I sound like a dying walrus when I sing." I laugh at her metaphore but shake my head.

"No, your voice is beautiful. Like you." She blushes and I realize we were at the bowling alley. I turn the car off and jump out of the car. I walk to the other side and open her door before she can do it herself.

"Thanks" she mumbles as she takes my extended hand and gets out of the car. I close the door behind her and we start to walk to the building.