Chapter 12

Keaton's POV

I wake up at 9 with my phone buzzing. I pick it up and see my best friend Tyler is calling me. I unlock my phone and answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Keaton. Wanna go to the skate park today? And maybe see a movie afterwards?" He asks me. We haven't hung out in awhile so I thought this could be fun. I've been spending so much time with Valerie, I haven't had a bro day in awhile.

"Sure. Sounds great! Meet you there in 10." I say and hang up.

Valerie's POV

I decided I would surprise Keaton at his house. I haven't seen him in 2 days. I know, it doesn't seem like a lot; but when you are constantly hanging out, it is. I get into my car and drive to Keaton's house. I knock on the door and Wesley answers it. He smiles and gives me a hug.

"Hey Val! What's up? What are you doing here?" He asks me.

"I came by to surprise Keaton. Where is he?" I looked past Wes but still saw no sign of Keaton. Hmmm.

"Keaton went out for the day with Tyler." His smile turned into a frown. "I'm sorry kiddo. But hey, you can hang out with Drew and me today." He asks. I'm assumming to make me feel better.

Wes and I really have become close. He is such a great friend. I really did want to see Keaton, but a day with Wes and Drew would still be fun. After all, since Keaton is with Tyler, I have no plans for the day. But then again, Drew and Wes might. And even though, I was friends with both of them, I didn't want to spoil their plans. They get enough of me since I'm with Keaton all the time.

"You sure? I don't want to intrude."

"Please! C'mon. We were just going to watch a movie. That cool?" He says extending his hand to take me into the living room.

"Yeah!" I respond as I accept his hand and we start walking.

I see Drew in the kitchen making a sandwich. I say hi and give him a hug. It's weird. My relationship with these boys is different. Keaton is my boyfriend, Wesley is my best friend, and Drew is like my older brother. Drew pulls away from the hug and locks my head under his arm to give me a noogie.

"DREW!!! STOP!" I scream at him. He finally lets me go and I fix my hair. Wesley and Drew laugh at me and I just walk over to the couch, waiting for someone to start a movie. Wesley walks in puts a movie in the DVD player and sits down next to me.

"Where's Drew?" I ask him.

"He had to go. Apparently he made plans with Kenny that he forgot about." He says putting his arm around me. "So it is just you and me today. That okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine." I tell him. "What kind of movie are we watching anyways?"

I'm fine with all kind of movies except for....

"SCARY!" Wes shouts with excitement.  SHIT! Those... They scare the crap out of me, which is why I guess they are called scary movies. But still. I guess Wes saw the horror on my face because he rubbed my shoulder with the arm around me and told me everything was going to be okay.

During some of the scary scenes, I would hide my face in Wes's shoulder. He just laughed when I did this, but then would tell me when it was okay to look again. I liked spending time with Wes. He was so sweet and funny. We finished watching the movie and I was freaked out!

"You hungry?" Wes asked me. I just nodded my head. Still speechless from the movie we just saw. "Hey, Val. It was just a movie. Nothing is going to happen to you. And if something tried, I'm right here." He says taking my hand and rubbing his thumb over my knuckes. I smiled at him and nodded. I got up, pulling my hand away from his.