Chapter 11

Keaton's POV

It is Christmas Eve and Valerie is coming over tonight for dinner. My mom will be coming over for dinner Christmas day; but for tonight, it was just going to be Wesley, Drew, me, and my beautiful girlfiend.

I just bought Valerie's Christmas present yesterday afternoon. Wesley and Drew helped me pick it out. I'm not too good when it comes to picking out jewlery for girls; Wes usually picked out the necklaces and bracelets that we would give to my mom for her birthday. Anyways, Valerie should be here in any minute now.

The doorbell rings and I hear Drew yell for me to get the door. I know Drew is buff and all but sometimes he can be such a lazy ass. I open the door to see Valerie. I lean down to give her a small kiss on the lips before taking her hand and dragging her into the living room where Wesley and Drew were watching cartoons.

"Hey Valerie!" Wesley said to her.

"Hey guys. I see your maturity level hasn't changed since the last time I saw you." She says to them pointing at the cartoon characters on the TV.

"Hey, don't judge." Drew says laughing a little bit.

"I think it is a little to late for that." Valerie responds jokingly to them before taking a seat on the couch. I sit next to her and put my arm around her. She leans her head on my shoulder and I can't help but let a small smile creep onto my face.

"So, what is the plan for dinner?" I say to Wes and Drew. We haven't really planned an actual meal, just that we would all eat together. Dumb right? But that's how we are. I guess Valerie could see the uncertainty in the guys eyes because she just shakes her head laughing a little bit on how unorganized we must be.

"We could order some chinese food?" Valerie suggests. She loves chinese food. She just loves all food in general.

"YES!" Drew practically shouts. He hasn't had chinese food in a while and you could tell he would not miss the chance to eat it tonight. He loved it.

We all laughed at his response to Valerie's suggestion. She has really bonded with the guys. Sometimes it made me jealous of how close they were. Like when Valerie talked to Wesley alone the other day. I knew Wesley would never put the moves on her; he wasn't like that. Though, it still made me frustrated that she needed to talk to him without me. After all, I am her boyfriend.

After we eat the chinese, Wesley suggests to watch a movie, we all agree and then sit down on the couches ready to watch. Drew puts the movie Avatar in. It was one of our favorites. Valerie got up to get us some snacks. She practically lived here. She knew where everything was, and was always hanging out with me and the guys here. Occasionally we would go to her place, but she for some reason found it really boring, depite how huge it was. I got up from the couch to help her with the snacks.

"Hey" I whispered into her ear as I wraped my arms around her from behind. I must have startled her because she straightned up as soon as my hands came in contact with her waist. "Sorry. Did I scare you?"

"Just a little bit." She whispers to me. "I can't wait for tomorrow. I got you the best gift ever!" She puts her arms around my neck, turning around to face me.

"Me either! But Val, I told you that you didn't need to get me anything." Don't get me wrong; I'm not upset that she did, but I honestly don't need anything. I don't want her to waist her money on me.

"Well I did. And you are going to open it and love it!"

"I'm sure I will." I say before giving her a passionate kiss on the lips.

We go back into the other room with some popcorn and some sodas. Valerie snuggles up next to me during the movie. The movie ends and I see Valerie asleep on my shoulder. I smile at the sight. She looks so peacful when she sleeps. I pick her up bridal style, not wanting to wake her and walk up to my room. I tuck her in to my bed and then get in with her.