Chapter 17

Valerie's POV

I haven't seen Keaton in a while. He's been really busy with something. I don't even know what it is. Wes and Drew are home a lot so I know it can't be music. And since I moved in I know he's not just hiding around the house. I have no clue what he has been doing. Maybe he is just hanging out with his friends. I mean, we have been hanging out constantly; maybe he just wants some guy time. But what if he is cheating on me? No! Valerie, don't think like that! This is Keaton we are talking about. Your perfect, loving, loyal boyfriend. He wouldn't do that. Would he?

Anyways, since Keaton has been M.I.A. I've been spending the past few days with Wesley. Drew has been hanging out a lot with Kenny. I actually haven't seen too much of Wes since the incident but I'm really glad we have been hanging out now. I forgot how much I have missed him as my best friend. We have been watching movies, playing xbox, I even went to the weight room with him to work out for a little bit. He was impressed with that.

Flashback

"Wes, you mind if I come to the gym with you?" His face was priceless. Really. He couldn't believe that a girl had asked to go to the weight room. Not to watch him, but to actually lift.

"Why? You want to see how much I can bench?" He flexes his arms and kisses his biceps. I just laugh at him.

"No. I haven't been in the weight room for a while. You mind?"

"Really? You lift?" His mouth basically disconnected from the rest of his face.

"Yeah. Why? Do I really look that much like a girly girl to you?"

After an hour or two at the gym, we went to go grab a bite to eat.

"You know, I have never seen a girl lift that much before. In fact, I have never even seen a girl lift." He says as he shoves his lettuce wrap into his mouth.

"Well I'm not like most girls." I say back to him. I really am very tomboyish.

"I can tell." He says with a smile on his face.

End of Flashback

Today, Wes and I had planned to go mini golfing. I am awful at it, but Wes convinced me that it would be fun. Within 20 minutes of playing I have already managed to lose 8 balls. Wes could not stop laughing. I had just asked for my 9th ball and the man at the counter gave me the harshest attitude before handing me another blue ball.

"Here. Let me help you this time so we can take this ball to the next hole." He says laughing as he is walking over to me.

Wesley's POV

I walk up behind Valerie and put my hands on top of hers around the putter. My chest was against her back and to be honest, I like the way it feels. I slowly bring our arms back and slightly tap the ball. It goes into the hole and she drops the putter and turns around to give me a big hug.

"I don't know if I'm happier that you made a hole-in-one, or that you didn't lose your ball this time." I say hugging her back. She pulls away and hits me playfuly on my chest.

"Oh, shutup. Mini golf isn't as easy as it looks." She says jokingly.

"Well it definately isn't as challenging as you make it look. I think you just suck at it Val." I say laughing.

"Whatever. Not all of us can be good at everything like you Wes."

We decide to go out for some lunch and I take her to this chill Italian place down the road. I order the chicken alfredo and she gets the seafood alfreado. In all honestly, this feels like a date. I know it's not. I know she is in love with my brother, but the mini golf, and now a meal... I can't help but with that it was one. She looks up from her meal and looks at me. "What?" She asks. Shit. I must have been staring at her. And shit. She must have noticed it.

"Nothing. Just thinking of how you're one of the only girls I know who actually eat food. It still surprises me sometimes." Nice save Wes... Right? It must have been good enough because she doesn't seem to think too much of it.

"So I've been told. The only downside is that you have to stock the fridge more often." She says laughing. I like her sense of humor. I like how she can joke about herself. Keaton really is a lucky guy. Why couldn't I have been the one to meet her?

Valerie's POV

After we finish eating, I try to pay for lunch but Wesley stops me.

"Wes, I can pay for mine." I say trying to reach for my wallet it my bag.

"No. I am going to pay, and you are going to let me." He says seriously.

"But-"

"No butts. Val, I took you out to lunch so I am going to pay for it. It's no big deal."

"Well thanks." I say softly

"Anytime."

We drive home and when he pulls into the driveway I see Keaton's car is parked. I jump out and rush to the house to see a Keaton scrambling through the living room.

"Keaton?!" I scream. I haven't seen him in a while. I don't know if he has even been sleeping here.

"Valerie! Hey! I've missed you!" He says and runs over to give me a hug.

"Well, you wouldn't have to miss me so much if you haven't been missing these past few days. Where were you?" I ask him. Really. What was he doing that I couldn't see him at all? His face just shifts from excited to worried.

"Umm.. nowhere. It doesn't matter because I am back now."He says and goes back to doing what he was doing before I walked in. He must have lost something because he is tearing the living room apart.

"What are you looking for?" I ask him.

"Nothing." He answers quickly. Why is he acting so strange? Why won't he tell me where he has been? Why can't I know what he is looking for? What is he looking for? Do I even want to know?

He picks something up and puts it into a bag before I can see what it was. "Hey, I have to go but I'll see you soon. Okay?" WHAT? No! Not okay. I don't mean to sound clingy or anything but I haven't seen you all week and when I do, you run off after 5 minutes of me watching you look for something? What the hell is going on?

But I can't let him thing I'm the obsessive girlfriend. "But I just saw you." I whine a little bit. Okay, so I guess I still did sound a little bit clingy, but I can't help it. I miss him.

"I know and I'm sorry. But I promise to spend the whole day with you tomorrow." And with that he gives me a kiss on the cheek and then heads for the door.

Where does he keep going? And why can't I know about it? OMG. He is cheating on me isn't he??