Chapter 20

Valerie's POV

I decided last night that it was Keaton that I was in love with. Sure, I still love Wes, but I'm not In love with him. Keaton decided to take me out on a date to the carnival so I got dressed into a blue/green sweater, jeans, and black boots. I still had on my K necklace Keaton got me, and I put on the friendship bracelet Wes got me for Christmas. I don't know what possessed me to put it on, but I did.

The boys were all out today doing who knows what. Keaton came back at 6 and we walked to the carnival. It was only a few blocks away, and the cool air wash refreshing.

"What did you do today?" I asked him as we walked along the side of the road.

"Nothing really. Went to the studio with the guys." He responds casually. "What about you? Miss me?"

"Like crazy! I just stayed at home and played with Zuni." He laughed at this, making me laugh with him.

"Well that must have been fun!" He says. I just nod my head and he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. I look down and smile at our hands.

"What do you want to do first?" He asks me as we reach the entrance of the carnival.

"Can we go on the Ferris Wheel?" I ask him batting my eyelashes.

"Of course we can! Lets go!" He starts to run to the line and after about only 2 minutes, we were seated. I cuddle into Keaton's neck and look at the sunset that is just starting. Keaton follows my pointed finger.

"It's beautiful." I whisper, admiring the sunset.

"Yet, still not as beautiful as you are." He says softly and lightly kisses me lips. I move my lips with his and after I realize he isn't going to deepen the kiss, I make the move to. I bite his bottom lip and he moans, allowing me to slip my tongue in. We explore the inside of each others mouths.

I tangle my hands in his long brown locks and he puts his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. His lips leave mine and move down to my collarbone. He starts to suck and bite the skin there, letting a small moan escape from my lips. He smiles at my reaction and continues to suck on my skin. His warm lips feel so good against my skin.

I can't take the teasing anymore and I pull his head off of my neck and smash his lips to mine once again. The kiss was getting pretty heated when I noticed the ride had stopped and we were told to get off. My face turned bright red. Keaton grabbed my hand and we made our way to the games.

Keaton stopped at the weight game. You know, the one where you take a mallet and try to hit the ball. Keaton gave the man a five and picked up the mallet. He swung down as hard as he could and it went up about 3/4ths the way. I was just giggling on the side at Keaton trying to prove his manly side.

We walked away and did the water gun game. The buzzer went off and declared me the winner. I picked a SpongeBob stuffed toy. The woman behind the counter handed it to me and I gave it to Keaton. He gave me a weird look and I just smiled.

"I wanted to reverse the roles. I got to win you a prize. Here." I say handing him the toy once again. He grabs it and kisses my cheek.

"Thank you. Just for the record though, I let you win." He smiles and winks.

"Sure you did babe. Whatever helps you sleep at night." I laugh at him.

"You know what helps me sleep at night?" He asks, his voice getting serious now.

"What?"

"You." I give him a kiss on the lips.

We go on a few more rides and finally I'm too tired to move anymore. Keaton had brought us blankets for us to sleep underneath the stars, on the beach tonight. It was so romantic. I've turned into such a romanticist. Keaton really brings out the girl in me. Haha. Not that I wasn't a girl before but I just used to gag at couples like us, and here I am, being the kind of person I was once annoyed by.

That night, on the beach I had a great dream. I was married, and had 2 kids. I was Mrs. Stromberg. I lived in HB with my husband and children Matthew, and Rachel. It was such a sweet dream. I was making dinner when 2 strong arms wrapped tightly around me from behind. I felt small, wet kisses on my neck. I closed my eyes and turned around, placing my lips on my husbands. We had a makeout session for awhile until I pulled away and opened my eyes. But my husband wasn't Keaton. I was married and kissing... Wesley?

I was told as a kid that dreams are messages for the real world. If that was true, then what was this dream trying to tell me?

Keaton's POV

We got back to the house the next morning and I decided to cuddle up and watch a movie with her. I could tell she wasn't really watching it though. Her eyes weren't on the screen and I could tell she had something on her mind.

"What's on your mind?" I asked her pausing the movie and shifting my position to face her.

"What do you mean?"

"I can tell something is bothering you. What is it?" I said. I searched her eyes for an answer, but I couldn't find one.

"Can I ask you something?" She said throwing me off guard.

"Anything."

"What do you see in me?" What do I see in her? What don't I see in her? She's perfect.

"I see a girl who is confident, beautiful both inside and out, someone who isn't afraid to stuff their face with food, who knows how to skateboard, who isn't afraid of what others think of her. You make me a better person Valerie. You're talented, and sweet, and loyal, and I love you." I said honestly.

"Thankyou." She whispered to me. I saw a tear slip her eye and I wiped it away quickly and kissed her forehead.

"Your welcome." I whispered into her hair.

"Keaton?"

"Yes?"

"Promise me you'll never leave me?"

"I promise I will never leave you Valerie."

"I love you Keaton." I don't know why but she's acting different. She has never been this gushy with the love stuff. Not that I minded, but still. Something is wrong. But I'll wait for her to tell me.

"I love you too Val." I say and kiss her gently on the lips.

Valerie's POV

I can't stop thinking about my dream last night. Does it mean something? It has to. All dreams mean something. It's like a message for you to figure out in the real world. Keaton can tell I'm distracted.

It may seem selfish but I don't want him to leave me. I'm afraid he will find out about the dream and I won't know how to explain myself to him. Is this cheating? Dreaming about my boyfriends brother?

"I think I might go take a nap." I say quietly to Keaton.

"Do you want me to go with you?" He asks me. I shake my head no before answering.

"No. You finish watching the movie." Normally I would like him to take a nap with me. But there was something I had to do before I took a nap; if I even did take one. I was way to awake to fall asleep. But first I needed to talk to Drew...again.