Chapter Twelve: A Small Talk (unedited)

CHAPTER TWELVE: A SMALL TALK

"I can't believe you're still alive" Liz let out a breath, with a wild opened eyes she stared at Juliet in front of her, the hubbub around them was quite much laud but none of them got distracted by it; it was the lunch break.

"let's see, yesterday you asked me the same thing about five times, and today two times, that makes it seven time, stop already , I'm fine, OK," Juliet took a deep breath" it's not like he would kill me " she finished as she took a bit from her meal, and continued "I mean look at him! I don't know what you would see but to me he looks like he's a normal human".

"Humans can kill you, just so you know", Liz left an eyebrow

She moved light blue eyes, to where Ryan was sitting all alone playing with his food.

All what she saw back then was a lonely kid, she took a deep while looking at him, when she catch a small smile on his face, no, a twist on his lips, she wondered why he was smiling, but the thing was that she didn't know is that he was smiling because of her, because of what she has said.

'He looks like he's a normal human'

Well, he doubt that thought, he doubt it very much.

How he heard that?

Well very simple.

It was such a great gift for the jagatires, somehow they could focus on whatever sound they what to focus on, and that was why he could actually hear Juliet's voice only.

When he suddenly looked up, there was Luna, sitting in front of him with a wild smile.

"I have been calling your name for at least million times already, what was that very important thing that took your mind away?" She said laughing at him.

He just smiled and looked down.

"Is it about her" she didn't have to point where Juliet was, she knew that he knew what she was talking about.

"Well, somehow it is"

"How come?" she asked, her smile started to disappear.

"She told her friend that she doesn't have to worry about me," his smile got much wilder, it almost broke his face, "she said that in the end I am only a human...... a normal human ".

Luna giggled "I still don't understand why that made you smile, all humans thinks that creatures like us do not excise".

"She's just so innocent, I feel bad for her; innocent people don't survive long in this world..., in the human's world."

Luna kept her eyes on Ryan, something felt wrong, something in this situation made her heart as if it got cracked, but what was it? No the real question here was why? "You're finally moving on...." She smiled.

"What?" Ryan's smile disappeared by now, everything was perfect why does she has to bring that thing up again?

"I mean it's already been two years since the last time I saw you smiling."

He looked down, that was when she noticed what she has done... she need to change the topic, it won't be good if they continue this way.

"A normal human, hah she's so funny, I mean it's not like humans are the best, there are some people who is worst than a wild hungry shark, I'm so surprised that there's some humans who still didn't get it, ha-ha" she let out a sigh "h-how sad."

Ryan tried to fake a smile, but it was clearly obvious „how is it even possible that you are so good in reading my mind? ", it was obvious that he was trying hard to smile, "are you sure that you're a Jagatire or are you somehow a vampire who reads people minds? ".