e l e v e n

"I can't believe you're really leaving," Zay said at the airport as we watched Riley pull her suitcase out of the trunk of the car.

    "Me either," Riley said with sad smile.

    After we'd gone horseback riding, we went back to the house and changed since we had more time than we had expected. Me, being lazy as always, threw on some leggings and a sweatshirt, and while I may not have looked gorgeous, I felt SO comfy. Riley, however, looked positively adorable in her outfit. She wore her favorite beanie, some black leggings, an incredibly stylish trench coat, and a beautiful smile on her face like always.

    "Promise you'll video chat us everyday if you can?" Lucas said sternly.

    "Of course!" Riley said assuringly. "Geez, I'm gonna miss you guys so much. It's going to be weird not seeing you guys everyday."

    "Wow, I don't think I've ever been more anxious for school to come so I can see you. You're right in front of me and I already miss you," I said with a sad laugh.

    Riley returned my weak laugh as a tear streamed down her cheek.

    "Hey! Give Auggs a huge hug for me, alright?" I pleaded.

    "Alright.." Riley said as she rolled her suitcase to the suitcase by the sliding glass doors of the aport, that signified she really was leaving after all. I ran up to her and gave her the biggest hug I'd ever sufficed.

    "Remember.. No matter how hard it gets over there, you've always got me? We might be halfway across the world but I will always be here when you need me, okay?" I whispered in her ear.

    "I know you are," she said with a lump in her throat.

    We let go of our hug, and without turning back, she grabbed her suitcase and entered the airport, leaving us for the summer. Once I stopped dwelling on her, I realized Farkle hadn't said anything the WHOLE time she was leaving. He must be hurting so much on the inside. I wanted to walk over and give him a hug right now, but I knew he was still furious with me and wouldn't want my pity.

    "Alright guys, let's get in the car. We've got a 45 minute drive back," Lucas said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders, and breaking the silence. "I'll drive"

    "SHOTGUN!" Zay and I yelled at the same time.

    "Rock, paper, scissors," he said, to decide who got it.

    "Oh forget it, you keep your stupid front seat," I said with a laugh.

    "YES!" he shouted with triumph.

    We all began to hop in the car, except for Farkle who was closing the trunk and was getting in on the other side.

    Then everything happened all at once.

    Riley came rushing through the airport doors at full speed.

    "I can't believe I almost forgot!" she yelled as she barreled right towards Farkle.

    She grabbed his face and held it in between her fingers. She planted a kiss on his lips, hugged him tightly, and ran straight back in to the airport.

    "BYE!" she called out as she ran away.

    And in that moment, I had never been prouder of my best friend. She did it. She really did it. She did what made her happy. She managed to do what no amount of words from anyone else could have done. She made him happy.

˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘

HEY GUYS DONT KILL ME I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SUPER SUPER SUPER SHORT BUT I SWEAR THINGS WILL GET MORE INTERESTING SO JUST HANG WITH ME FOR A LITTLE WHILE THINGS WILL BE GOOD

MO, HERES YOUR RIARKLE....

GUYS I HAVE AN UPCOMING PROJECT THAT IM DOING AND IM GOING TO NEED A BUNCH OF NAMES, SO IF YOU GUYS COMMENT YOUR NAMES, YOU WILL PROBABLY BE FEATURED IN AN UPCOMING CHAPTER (it will be a while, most of this story is prewritten)

BUT THANKS AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT, YOURE ALL SO AMAZING

- ZOEEEEEE :)