16: The Sweater

Pacifica's POV

I walked out of the attic to let Dipper rest. I'm never going to forget the party I had, when Dipper saved us. The only reason I feel this way is because I felt so different. I actually liked talking to him nicely, and he liked talking to me. I want to apologize, for all that I have done to Dipper, to Mabel, to everyone. I was a jerk, I admit. I would blame it all on my parents fault, but I should have done something to show them that I can make my own decisions too. So now, I'm taking that stand now. I'm not going to do everything my parents say. My parents filled with my mind with their horrible teachings of being 'the best.' They were a little abusive, and I was scared of them. I never feared them as much as I do now, because as a kid I used to do everything they said.

It's different now.

It might seem bad, but I kind of like this 'Oddpocolypse' thing. I feel like it's giving me a chance to start over. Maybe if we can defeat Bill, than I can actually restart. I can become a new me.

I walk into the living room where everyone is sitting, and planning what the next move is. It's hard to start a rebellion, since right when you walk out there's a 99.99% chance you'll get turned to stone. It's not like how the movies show it. It's worse, and way creepier. It's just.... Weird. Even the name is weird. Weirdmageddon. Who even thought of that?

"Hey dudes, I'm back." Soos says as he enters the room. Soos is pretty good at going outside without getting caught by Bill's minions. He brings us food and sometimes supplies.

It was starting to get dark out, so I decided to go to sleep. Stan said I could take Mabel's bed. I walked into the attic to see Dipper, tightly hugging onto the blanket and sleeping. He looked tense, he was probably worried about Mabel.

I looked down at my clothes. It used to be my favorite purple dress but now it just looks like a bunch of rags. I could just take some of Mabel's clothes, but I don't know if she would want that, so I just slipped into the bed.

After a while of thinking and listening to Dipper's tossing and turning, I finally drifted off.

--

Where am I?

I stand up and look at my surroundings. It's a completely white void. I try walking, although it feels like I'm not going anywhere since everywhere I turn it looks the same.

Suddenly, I heard a voice groan as if in pain.

"Hello?" I call out.

"Pacifica?"

"Mabel?"

As I call out her name, I turn around to see Mabel fading into my view, literally.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"I don't know." She replies.

"Well, I did just go to bed, so I think we're dreaming." I thought out loud

"You are, but I know I'm not."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean, that I think I was teleported here, and since you just said you went to bed, you're probably dreaming yourself here." Mabel explained.

"Teleported here by who?" I asked.

"Bill and Gideon." She replied.

"I don't understand, then how did I get here?"

"Maybe your dream is connected to me some how..." She suggested. I suddenly realized how serious Mabel was, she was sort of acting like Dipper.

"Pacifica, what happened to you?" Mabel asked, realizing my condition and changing the subject.

"The apocalypse has an effect on everyone, I guess."

"Apocalypse... So that's what's happening out there..." She thought out loud.

"Where are you staying?"

"In the Shack with some townfolks."

"If you're in the shack, why don't you take one of my sweaters?"

"I thought that since it wasn't mine, maybe you wouldn't want me to touch it..."

"Oh Pacifica, it's fine- Oh!"
In her hands appeared a yellow sweater with a lama design on it.

"I guess maybe I can make things appear in this thing." She thought. "Here, you can have this, I don't know if it will show in the real world, though."

"Oh Mabel, I don't know what to say..."

"Pacifica it's fine it's just a silly sweater, it's no problem!" She smiled.

"No, it's not just a sweater, Mabel. I've never been the nicest to you, and I want to say sorry."

"Pacifica I- wait Pacifica you're fading away!"

"Maybe I'm waking up?" I thought aloud. "Don't worry Mabel we'll get you out of whatever this thing is, I promise."

--

Before she could reply, I woke up, heavily breathing. When I finally came to my senses, I realized I was tightly clutching onto something: the sweater.

Mabel's POV

No, no, no!

I had so much more to ask her...

CRACK

What was that?

CRACK

I looked down.

The ground is cracking, creating a bright rainbow color.

"Pacifica?" I called out.

There has to be someone here... I can't be here alone! If only I had Dipper...

"Someone! Anyone?"

The cracks spread throughout the floor, as far as I could see. Suddenly, I fell through.

--AN--
I'm sorry I forgot to update on the weekend, so I'm updating now and on the weekend (hopefully) YAAYYY!