18: The Truth

Dipper's POV

"Dipper! Help!"

"I'm coming, hold on!"

"It was all your fault!"

"Wh-what? I never did anything!"

"Why did you do it?"

Do what?

"I didn't do anything?"

Where am I?

"M-Mabel there you are!"

I found her.

"What are you doing..."

Confusion.

The eyes. A slight yellow tint, with pupils in the shape of slits.

The knife. It's in her hands.

Mabel. It's not her. Not anymore.

The laughter. It can't be. Why her? Why not me?

--

I gasp for air as I exit the suffocation of that horrifying nightmare. I turn to my left to see Pacifica, awake, trying to sleep. Luckily, she didn't notice me waking up sweaty and panicked.

I can't sleep. They'll just keep coming.

Why can't Bill leave me alone?

He got what he wanted!

I thought about this, for too long. I hated the thought, but anything was better than sleeping.

I turned to see Pacifica, who had finally fallen asleep. Her face read many confused emotions, as if in some sort of a dream. I turned to face the wall, and stared at the picture that Mabel had put of us two together. Those were the days. Just us two, doing normal things. Not getting in life threatening situations like these. It's nice to have the occasional goblin monster, but this has gone too far for anyone to handle.

I looked outside, I couldn't tell if it was day time or not, and none of the clocks were working. Great.

Ford's POV

I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the lighting around me.

"Hey Sixer, you awake yet? I've been waiting quite a while, didn't want you dead just yet."

"Wow, thanks." I mumbled.

"Hey kid, he's awake."

"Alright I'll be right there, Bill."

A little nine year old boy walked in front of the room I was in, which looked like more of a cage, but there was no fourth wall. It's probably some sort of a force field.

"Hello, Stanford."

"So you're the little kid who terrorized my niece and nephew."

"Terrorized? Now that's a bit too harsh of word. I never thought the author of the journals would be in the Pines family."

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"I suppose not, after all I'm sure some can be different."

"What do you want, anyways?"

"Your the author of the journals! Why wouldn't I want to have a talk with you?"

"Because right now, the author of the journals is not in the mood to talk to you right now."